Windows 95

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    goosetapo
    Participant

i am using a galaxy fold 2 as i said earlier, so raw horse power shouldnt be a issue. Of course you can always push it over the limits, but i feel i dont get get much better performance then my exynos based s10+.
    the cycles are already set at 150% and yeah- didnt note a big increase so that part makes sense.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Right, Fold 2 should have plenty of power. I assume you’re on a stock ROM, so you can’t apply performance governor, or do some other kernel tweaks. On my phone, being on stock Android 10 instead of rooted Oreo, I’m seeing a heavy performance hit due to Samsung’s own crappy cpu management.
    This can be alleviated though by using Samsung Game Launcher, along with Game Booster Plus (https://galaxystore.samsung.com/detail/com.samsung.android.game.gameboosterplus). Add Magic Dosbox as game to the Launcher, then configure GBP to run it in max fps mode.

goosetapo
    Participant

its not about frames per second. the game and emulator runs smoothly. The problem is that the game simply slowdowns, as if the emulator only gives the game or program x amount of power and more will cause it to software-maticly slowdown. On a normal pc it would give fps drops, but here i notice the more units i have on the map, the slower the game runs.

Al ex
    Keymaster

That’s what I’m talking about. Dosbox will always run at a certain fps, but with varying cpu resources assigned to it by your phone’s cpu management, the emulated cycles will also go up and down, and the game will slow down occasionally.

Another thing you can try is fixed cycles settings. Something like cycles=50000 or 80000 or whatever.

goosetapo
    Participant

Any idea how to get settlers 4 working? it says invalid page on mapeditor.dll after downloading some additional dll files it asked about, like msimg32, ws2_help, ws2_32.

goosetapo
    Participant

And did anyone ever try windows 98?

Al ex
    Keymaster

I tried the Win98 lite image posted by Rolanddeschain over at xda developers. It’s working,though quite buggy and unstable.
    Haven’t tried Settlers 4 myself. Does it run in PC Dosbox?

goosetapo
    Participant

i never tried pc dosbox. I noticed GOG versions of games can be quite some times incompatible with windows 95.
    Is it possible to have a mmx instruction set without using the svn core, by the way?
    Because i found the settlers 4 isos, but the game now wont start without a mmx core compatible cpu it says. And when using svn core that supports mmx, most games dont play and quickly give errors, including the settlers 4 that wont even go to the boot image.
    Any help or things i can try wouldbe appriciated 🙂

goosetapo
    Participant

is it possible to increase the resolution in windows 95 from 800×600?

admin
    Keymaster

hmm, 800×600 should be supported, it does not work? AT leastI remember it worked

goosetapo
    Participant

It works fine, i meant to ask if it can be increased, to 1024 for example.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Not sure, I’ve never actually tried that, even in the official Dosbox version on PC. In theory, it should be possible with the right drivers. Magic Dosbox is pretty much identical to the official Dosbox version in terms of compatibility.

Ficmon
    Participant

Hi, I followed the tutorial on youtube for setting up win95 on magic dosbox verbatim but Im getting a black screen when booting win95 in magicdos and it only works in safe mode (cant install drivers). Im pretty sure that it has to do something with the version of win95 Im using I got it here https://isoriver.com/windows-95-iso-download/.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, new virt box adds more drivers to device manager which are not supported by dosbox. It means, backup installed iso, start win95 in safe mode and in device manager you must delete some drivers. Best is compare list with list in youtube video guide. Usually drivers for cdrom, usb or something like that should be removed. I can make screenshot how it looks on my working win95

Ficmon
    Participant

I managed to make win95 work normally by making the vhd in 5.0.10 of virtualbox but when i look for the win95 for the first set of drivers it doesnt exist anywhere on the image, even though It should be in c:\windows\desktop\ as in the video.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.