OpenMW v46 for Shield TV
I wanted to play Morrowind and in the past I heard about the openmw project for android. I tried existing apk, but I was not satisfied how it works. So I modified it. See more.
Dungeon mapper: next version
- popup – toolbar – added buttons for edit/move/resize. Not necessary scroll down notification bar now.
- popup – toolbar – support for secondary screen position, now is possible switch between two popup sizes and positions. For example between small window and big window
- fixed bug when in some situation was shown incorrect widget dialog
- application sometimes hanged when resumed, this should be fixed
- bugfixes and improvements
Magic Dosbox : v97 released
- carmageddon fix for vertical lines. Just now only v74 core get this fix. Svn core will be a bit delayed due save state system, because save states will be invalid after this changed. People must be warned.
- rearanged numpadkeyboard
- dosbox keyboard – ctrl/alt/shift fixes, they will be preserved when switching to numpad and back
- “save button” is not mandatory, in-game settings will be saved automatically. Button however will stay for a while
|App Gallery (version 93): released
|Google Play (version 96): released
Magic Dosbox : v95 released
- Optimizations for public storage (android 11+). In case of problems, turn off “Optimize public storage” in Global Settings and send report.
- Survey (welcome screen) – bug fixes
Magic Dosbox : v93 released
- Gallery – added possibility to cut portion of screenshot
- Gallery – can now share screenshot with shared services
- Gallery – can now delete the screenshot
- Gallery – better handling of fullscreen dialog
Merry Christmas and Happy new year ! 🙂
15.12.2022 – Magic Dosbox : v90 – added workarounds for two bugs in google’s storage restrictions. Eric, big thanks for your help by remote debugging. Really many thanks
15.12.2022 – Magic Dosbox : v87 – fixes loading states if settings are in private folder, loading walkthrough widget from public location is fixed
If you are games on public storage and notice some kind of problems (slowness, bugs,..) then put your games to application specific directory (private application folder) where google don’t applies storage restrictions.
it is located:
Please report bugs!
6.12.2022 – Magic Dosbox : v85 finally released on Google Play!
So, finally! Magic Dosbox now targets Android 13. After many stressful months we are now compatible with Google storage restrictions. Public storage access was preserved. Please read in-app changelog, it is important. Profiles must be updated, instead full paths must be used <games> prefix.
mount c /storage/emulated/0/Games/dos
must be updated to:
mount c <games>/dos
Where <games> is path where are your dos games. This path is set on welcome screen. It brings advantage, when changing games location on old or new device will not affect game profile anymore.
Please report bugs
Magic Dosbox : next version
- drive c and similar paths can be assigned to the code, instead full path. This means, if we move games to another storage, path or device, then we only reassign the path behind the code. Is not necessary fix every game profile anymore
- app gallery hosts version with direct access to storage and gplay hosts version with support for Storage Access Framework (to preserve access to public storage)
- removed custom file definitions for file browser and image viewer from global settings, will be set automatically
- removed custom custom paths definition from global settings, it conflicts with new coded paths logic
- welcome screen will be seen again – people must pick folder with games location. Further, this location will be hidden behind the code
. This code will be placed in game profiles instead full path
- Quitting game returns back to main menu automatically
- added reverse landscape lock to advanced settings
- mouse pointer is released when application is minimized or closed. Should be done automatically, but some devices are doing it
Version 84 will be skipped for google play. GPlay will jump directly to version 85 with full support for Storage Access Framework. This means, people can stay with their games on public storage, unlike many other applications. From this point there are two versions of Magic Dosbox. AppGallery will host version with direct access to storage (fast access). Google Play blocks direct access, instead it requires to use Storage Access Framework (google’s own file api), because it is secured type, however slower. Sadly Magic Dosbox does not meet requirements for using direct and fast access to the storage on google play, only special applications can do it, like file managers. This is not android system restriction, it is google play requirement.
Magic Dosbox : v84 released 23.3.2022
Huawei store : 4.3.2022
Magic Dosbox is now available on AppGallery
Magic Dosbox : version 84
- fixes for hybrid mouse. By default is hybrid mouse enabled, but can be disabled in mouse options
- android 12 introduced bug in default android theme, when bottom bar in dialogs is not always shown – fixed
- magic dosbox’s core functionality is dead broken for many games when using SAF. They are slow, laggy and probably many devices will be thrown through the window. For the good of this planet… I will not cripple emulator with this feature. So was implemented request for “ALL FILES”, this must be approved by google play. If you don’t grant this permission, then you can still continue in private mode and games must be placed in private folder. Crossed fingers.
- mapper – implemented on finish event (possibility trigger one special action at the end of button action)
- mapper – implemented possibility to reset loopers with button
- export functions – sharing exported file with external services did not worked on all devices, fixed
- fixed compatibility for latest android shield tv upgrade
- based on android 11 recommendations is blocked mounting the storage root and “Downloads” folder. This means “mount c /storage/emulated/0/” will not work anymore
- rewritten welcome screen, the major change is the possibility to pick custom location for all settings and layouts
- file browser allows create folder and shows current location while browsing
- support for basic java scripting, see more here
- added portuguese translation, many thanks for your hard work MichaelNA2005
Android 11 and storage changes.
Magic Dosbox : v83 released 3.8.2021
- physical mouse support is up to date
- samsung s-pen support – update for button recognition
- samsung devices – fixed bug when widget where incorrectly scaled after screen rotation
- different font and interface buttons sizes – samsung makes runtime changes to dpi+screen size, this leads to wrong user interface controls sizes, in many cases were controls 2-3 times bigger then they should be and was almost impossible use them. This update fixes it, however all devices will be affected. Some will see a bit bigger fonts/controls, some a bit smaller (then before).
- fixed startup bug for Screamer
- deadly strike/combo – added new properties to special action (Hide cursor (toggle), Show cursor, Hide cursor, Disable mouse (toggle), Enable mouse, Disable mouse
- physical mouse – in mouse options is now possible turn on interaction with widgets. It works only for by visible system cursor. Physical mouse in “Full mouse support” can’t reach the widgets. However, deadly strike/combo allows now quickly switch between double cursor and full support.
Merry christmas friends:) I send best wishes to every corner of this real or magical world – (wherever you are) 🙂
Magic Dosbox : v81 released 27.10.2020
- added Pixel Trap feature – possibility to trigger action on specific pixel
- restart fix for some bluetooth controllers
- added korean translation
- updated french translation
- special widget – added swap image option
Many thanks to all for help by this release, it was a lot of work. Many thanks for help and ideas to Alex, Zebumper, SongJiang, Marco, Jinoo83 and many others.
Soon after v78 was released version 79 which reverts fixes for samsung game launcher
Version 78 is out!
- Key widget supports autofire
- fixed compatibility with samsung game launcher
- fixed screen size for games like ravenloft or menzoberranzan
- fixed crash on devices with broken sound card
Magic Dosbox : v74 released 29.3.2019
Well, break version is out…
EDIT : In logs occurs crashes on devices samsung s9 and note 9. Crash happens when mdosbox quits. EDIT2 : we can reproduce it, working on fix
Magic Dosbox : next version
Next version will be released in first March week and will bring nothing new except warning for upcoming version 74. Please read about special break version below.
Yes 🙂 After so long time I work on so much outdated website docs 🙂 It should be finished during Holidays.
We need help with testing on android device with x86/x86 64Bit processors. Would like to someone help us? Many thanks.
Magic Dosbox : v71 released 24.12.2018
- Fixed physical mouse support on Samsung S8 with Android 8
- Dim navigation bar and fullscreen options were moved from advanced settings to ‘Screen adjust’ which offers now access to screen design and navigation bar visibility options. Since this version is not necessary restart Magic Dosbox when switching to/from fullscreen mode.
- Mapper/Voodoo – added throttle axis to detection
- Custom screen resize was increased up to 400%
Redesigned game profile options
- Options are now in different order and some options looks differently
- Button ‘GET’ on right side of main program and setup can quickly update expert settings by GUI options
- Main and setup program have now special options menu where is possible set exe parameters and free size for currect session. Main program sets by default 250MB free space, setup program sets 750MB.
- Native dosbox option ‘aspect’ was removed from GUI. This should be now fixed with screen adjustment inside game. In expert settings is still possible setup this flag.
Magic Dosbox : v70 released 19.10.2018
- Virtual keyboard bugfixes
- Virtual keyboard supports now numpad
Magic Dosbox : v69 released 16.10.2018
- Fixed compatibility with s-pen. S-pen now supports double tap and long press gestures
- changed strategy for detection physical mouse and samsung s-pen. Hope it will work much better for devices which have problems now and hopefully currently working devices will be not bugged. Android is in this very inconsistent.
- Current virtual keyboard, which was based on limited android API, was removed. New virtual keyboard is re-implemented from scratch and we can fully control it. This step was necessary for continuing work on console mode.
Magic Dosbox : v68 released 08.08.2018
- General settings window was not displayed in Design mode when back button was bound to Escape key. Fixed, thanks for report
- Restored functionality for displaying options menu with hardware menu key
Magic Dosbox : v67 released 04.08.2018
- Fixed bug introduced in previous version when some dialogs looks weird after orientation change.
- Fixed unwanted screen resize when dim and fullscreen mode were enabled together, priority is now set on fullscreen mode.
- Another bunch of improvements for physical mouse on systems with android 8
Magic Dosbox : v66 released 13.07.2018
- better absolute and relative mode for physical mouse
- devices with android 6 and older can’t hide double cursor and must use absolute or relative mode
- devices with android 7 can hide double cursor, but must use absolute or relative mouse mode
- devices with android 8+ can enjoy fully functional physical mouse without double cursor and without any limitations.
- devices with android 7+ can toggle android cursor visibility with mouse wheel DOWN action (or with Special widget)
- removed flag which allowed interaction between physical mouse and widgets – this allows much better physical mouse functionality. If there will be demand, this feature can be restored in next updates
- Shortcut creation feature was not working in Oreo. Fixed
Cookies and Policy update
We updated cookies and policy rules. Please read. Probably we will send existing users email about this change. Our database contained a lot spammers from time when we did not use captcha. There was no way how to differentiate humans and bots, so we deleted users with zero posts and comments. I am sorry to all people who were deleted. Please create account again.
Magic Dosbox : v65 released 12.05.2018
- fixed double tap. Fixed cancelation conflict between longpress and double tap
- Console mode is now temporarily disabled
Magic Dosbox : v64 released 02.05.2018
Magic Dosbox : v63 released 01.05.2018
- Bugfixes in diming navigation bar
- Added immersive mode option to advanced settings. Changing this flag requires game restart, because widgets must be recreated based on new screen size.
- Fixed bug when widgets were loaded in incorrect orientation
- Save/Load states menu will be visible for both cores, but default core displays message, that svn core is needed
- Walkthrough widget supports now html, png, jpg, jpeg, bmp and txt files. Loading pdf files is problem.
- Widgets support new flag “passthrough”. Widgets with this flag enabled dont block touch event. This way is possible activate widgets which are placed on some position below down the control tree.
- layers support flag “modal”. For mode details search on web meaning of “modal window”.
- longpress gesture update, in one combination there was too big range detection
Magic Icons Designer : version 4 released (20180415)
- added 17 new icons for styling FPS games like Duke3D
22.0.02018 – Magic Icons Designer v1.0
Released Database of more then 250+ hand painted icons for styling mDosbox layouts.
Version is out 62
- Layers menu will be hidden when picking point by target widget. Crash fix.
- Bugfixes when importing custom images with name which was already added
- Gamepad Mapper now can bind Key widget. Gamepad buttons now can profit from Key widget’s doubletap feature.
Console mode/Blue cursor update
Magic Dosbox now supports Android 8 features and we must accept changes which were done between Android 5 to 8. We tried test Magic Dosbox as much as possible in the time when we added support for Oreo. However we missed one thing. Console Mode is based on using special blue cursor which sits always on top of everything. To get it work, we used feature which was deprecated in higher Android version and cannot be used anymore. This version provides partial fix. However we must request permissions for SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW. It should be granted automatically by install time from google play and for many people there should not be difference. Bad is, that Magic Dosbox is not available through google play on Android TV and this means, Magic Dosbox is not granted by this permission. We implemented manual requesting, however Android TV does not support it.
For Android TV Operating system :
Do not worry. Android TV is not out. Before Christmas time we initiated work on fully functional console mode based on LeanBack TV library. And it looks really good! For now, disable console mode and connect physical mouse or use touchpad on external keyboard to control magic dosbox on Android TV.
Merry Christmas friends 🙂
- fixed sve states problem by game Raiden
- improved cdrom mounting via GUI
Started “Benchmark” thread on forum.
Magic Dosbox now supports two locations for settings – private and public. Each location has own advantages and disadvantages. Since version 58 can people switch between private and public location on first page in “Welcome screen”. Custom public location can be still picked in global settings.
- Changing data directory from “MagicBox” to “.MagicBox”
- implemented android runtime storage permission introduced in android 6
- magic dosbox now targets android 8, we can now implement better external mouse support. Unfortunately, targeting android 8 needs drop support for android systems below version 4.0. This restriction was made by google team. 0.2% devices with donated version still run on these old systems. Please, if possible, upgrade to newer device or contact us
- svn core will support Save/Load states. Use them like a help, but at the end use regular saves. Save states are tightly bound with development, we will not hesitate to make saved states invalid due new features. Save states don’t cover every situation, use at your own risk
- Fixed crash introduced in previous version, thanks for report
- fixes in control scheme, relative mouse triggred in some situation unwanted click and relative mouse will start smoothly when pressed, instead a small jump, increased number of simultaneous touches to 4 (now is possible press ctrl+alt+shift+del)
- fixed bug when was not possible switch zoom action to mouse on double tap gesture
- added Polish translation! Many thanks Wiktor for your hard work:)
- walkthrough widget – fixed bug in horizontal scrolling and added text search bar
- zoom widget can be added to bag
- closing bag in design mode crashed in rare situation, fixed
- fixed crash caused by attempt to edit non-editable widget
- fixed situation when going back from selection mode led to error
Many thanks for bugs report, some bugs are still figuring in logs. To get them fixed, best is to send us report via google play console report system in case of crash and send us short email with instructions how to simulate bug.
Updated youtube channel
- added support for multiple layers!
- fixed absolute mouse for game Syndicate! Because mDosbox has none database for games identification, is necessary enable this fix manually in advanced settings
- reduced minimum size for selection in telescope widget’s stream mode
- widgets with colored background(not textured) will eat much less GPU memory and will load faster
- added drag2resize for widgets – resizing widgets will much easier now with implemented dragging slider
- added new action to deadly strike/combo widget for controlling layers visibility
- and more…
Many thanks to Alex, BorjaRRR, Mr.Scienceman2000, Ging An, OleGamerUA, Josip Prekratic, Stefano for help. Thanks to all for support.
- About magicbox