System Shock and MIDI Synth

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    snike
    Participant

Oh, my bad, I should’ve just selected all.. anyway I’ve got access now, should I do other steps or just try the game again? Thanks, appreciated. 🙂

Al ex
    Keymaster

I’d say, run install.exe again, then run the game. ?

snike
    Participant

Fingers crossed, hope it works this time, I’ll try it with the iso first then if all fails resort to abandonware again. xD

snike
    Participant

Ok I feel like a noob now, I just needed to type in either cdshock or sshock without .exe or .bat at the end.. welp.. xD it works now thank goodness! And thank you as well :D, now before I ruin something lol, when I quit the game, I’ll have to modify my profile to start from the SSHOCK folder where the game is installed now right? Also assuming you only use touch controls what do you use for a better gaming experience? In my case I use the Gamepad from Fishstix (devs behind aFreeBox) along with the mouse, are you by chance able to map mouse buttons to the virtual ones? Or does this method sound good enough? Cheers 🙂

snike
    Participant

Well, as I imagined, if I do mount the SSHOCK folder in my profile settings it gives me an illegal command.. is this folder found elsewhere? When I installed the game it said it was in the c:\sshock path, but where is that? cause it’s not in the root of my phone, or, is it hidden? xD Sorry for the trouble but I guess I can only succeed one little step at a time..

snike
    Participant

The problem also is that if I try to install the game every time just so I can play (which sounds stupid for obvious reasons) I can’t do it anyway since it tells me I can’t use the same path to install..

snike
    Participant

OK nvm I found a weird way to fix it, I’ve not idea why if I mount the SSHOCK folder as a default path and then run the executables it doesn’t work, but if I go back by a folder and then type in CD SSHOCK and afterwards run the executable it works.. like what? xD anyway.. yeah.. is there an easier way to just make the profile so it loads the game automatically? xD although it doesn’t matter much, I’m fairly glad with the results, cheers again! 🙂

Al ex
    Keymaster

Glad you got it fixed. ?
    You can customize virtually anything in Magic Dosbox – mountings, autostart, and, most importantly, the controls – you can build your own, just as you want them. Try it out, or look around in the .mgc file section here for some examples. All hand made. ?

snike
    Participant

Sounds awesome :), just played for a bit, opened a few doors, knocked down a few robots and security cameras, it’s not bad with a few virtual keys + virtual mouse/touch though I’ll try and do a bit of mapping for a better experience, thanks again! 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

I got working sound with following steps :

In game directory should be file CYB.CFG with content :
    dclick_time 25 75
    midi_card 1
    digi_card 1 A220 I7 D1
    inp6d

now I hear sound blaster. But I don’t have gog version…

snike
    Participant

Hey sounds good 🙂 I’ll keep that in mind thanks!

OleGamerUA
    Participant

Are you guys playing SS with touchscreen controls or gamepad? Maybe someone is able to share a good touchscreen layout? Controls in this game are pretty tricky 🙂

snike
    Participant

I do have a gamepad but atm yes I’m interested in touchscreen in case I’m out someday with only my phone 🙂 also I am interested in getting a good layout for myself, was checking the game’s controls last night but I’m still at the first ropes with Magic DosBox so who knows, if I manage to pull it off I’ll surely share it 🙂

Al ex
    Keymaster

I’m not playing SSHock atm. But as a rule of thumb, it’s good to sort the controls before you start building a layout. Think about which ones you need frequently, and which ones can be stored away in a bag widget, or switched on/off with Deadly Strike.
    You can create pretty complicated stuff with a bit of planning and patience.

snike
    Participant

True, also as a side note, unless you completed the game, which I haven’t before, you won’t know what other weapons, items you get later on (for a layout plan), especially if you’re like me and try to create a layout the moment after you just installed the game. xD But yeah should be fun with a little patience, overall Magic DosBox I find is just fun to use and experiment with. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.