List of supported Win3.1 and Win9.x Games

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    snike
    Participant

Sweet, also glad to say Diablo works a charm on Win 95, soundtrack and dialogue also smooth and enjoyable as ever! 🙂

Al ex
    Keymaster

On the S7 (Exynos, not Snapdragon), even Diablo 2 and Commandos run fine. There are quite a lot of old treasures waiting to be replayed. ?

snike
    Participant

Sweet, indeed there are, just tried the demo myself for a quick test but it is pretty smooth. 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, Kirin 650 is very good cpu for emulators. And they have one better Kirin 930 – installed in Honor 8 or Honor 9. In doom time demo it scores better then nvidia shield tablet 🙂

snike
    Participant

Wow, that sounds great! Pretty happy with my Huawei P9 Lite for now but wonder what new tech we’ll have in the hopefully close future. 🙂

Al ex
    Keymaster

Seems the default ARM chipset layout is very good. Qualcomm did their own thing, and while the Snapdragon/Adreno combo is a real beast in 3D games, it’s much slower in emulators. The Exynos 8890 is the fastest I’ve seen so far myself, but Exynos/Kirin seem to be about on par.

snike
    Participant

Nice, quick entry, Age of Empires sort of works xD apart from the buggy audio, however I was curious about one more aspect, few random game demos I’ve tried froze Win 95 during installation, any of you had the same issue and know of any fix/reason for it? 🙂

Al ex
    Keymaster

No idea. Some installers just won’t work properly, others take ages to copy stuff.
    You can install everything on your PC with ykhwong’s build, then copy the .img file to your phone.

snike
    Participant

I see, I tried indeed copying just the installed folders in a few cases but was just curious, thanks. 🙂

snike
    Participant

Another quick entry for an all time classic, Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus works pretty great. 🙂

Al ex
    Keymaster

Starcraft works great, too.

snike
    Participant

Sweet, just had a quick run, for testing sake with Blood II: The Chosen xD and it’s suffice to say it’s unplayable, but interestingly running. xD

snike
    Participant

Another quick entry just to mention that although unplayable for obvious reasons Thief: The Dark Project does run though. xD

Al ex
    Keymaster

Yeah, I know. On my S7, it’s actually not so unplayable, “only” veeeery choppy.
    If only there was a way to set it to 320×240, it would perfectly.

snike
    Participant

Oh sweet, does it really not have a 320×240 res? Thought it did, or maybe it was something like 400×300 which couldn’t load the res for me and if I tried changing to 512×384 it just went back to desktop, assuming it crashed.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.