List of supported Win3.1 and Win9.x Games

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Al ex
    Keymaster

Funny you say that.? I had a Snapdragon 805 Note 4 before, and it was plain horrible. Hardly faster than my old Exynos Note 2 in emulators as PPSSPP, Mupen64, or especially Dosbox, and the most horrible throttling imaginable.

And from what I’ve seen, the SD 820 in the S7 is also inferior to its Exynos counterpart. Less cpu power, more heating. The Snapdragon has a much better GPU, but you don’t really need that for emulation.

Yes the mali is total garbage, but the processor scaling of the exynos processors is way better for emulating pc processors, and while i will whole heartedly agree the mali is sub par it is still capable of voodoo level rendering. Id proabaly rather have the exynos though im pretty sure id regret that for everything other than x86 emulation.

Al ex
    Keymaster

To be fair, the Mali is considerable weaker than the Adreno chip, but it’s still quite good. For 3D games on the phone, I’d suggest you use Game Tuner anyway, to reduce the resolution to 1080p, or even 720p. Saves battery, and doubles or even triples the 3D performance. I’d say the Adreno is even too powerful, and you don’t really need it.

Plus, it’s not fully compatible with GLTools. For example, you can’t do this with a Snapdragon, only with Exynos/Mali: https://youtu.be/-3YGKDlSG2U
    šŸ™‚

snike
    Participant

This is a weird yet funny entry for the Win 9.x games.

Just tried SimCopter and altough compared to other entries on here it may look pretty funny and early 3D gaming, however it doesn’t cease to amaze me the fact that I’m both emulating Win 95 and a somewhat-3D game on my phone, tried a few Win 95 games these past days where I’ve had a few errors which I’d like to list just in case some of you know any fixes, most games btw were demos since I just wanted a quick look to see if the game would even start.

With Drowned God: Conspiracy for the Ages for example everything was fine except that it told me “Could not start due to the following problems.. You are running in 8-bit color mode” ;

Indiana Jones and his Desktop Adventures is another funny litte yet interesting to try game which works, honestly I was amazed anything could start with some of the most usual and common errors I was having lol ;

Star Wars: Episode I – Battle for Naboo was another one that gave me this error “No 3D display adapter installed” ;

Clive Barker’s Undying gave me this error “Bink error 256 color mode not supported” ;

For the rest, pretty much most games gave me this error, alone or along with other errors mentioned above, games as well as apparently either explorer.exe or Internet Explorer, the error is “This program has performed an illegal operation and it will be shut down”, which I’ve read was a pretty common error with Win 95/98 back in the day, for whatever reason..

I’ve tried different setups/configs for Win 95, I’ve read about weird compativility between larger RAM sizes and possibly VRAM, either a lower size worked better than a higher one, or somewhere in-between, what do you guys think would be some of the best or perfect numbers, what other settings, emulated harware (GPU/CPU), drivers etc. for better performance and in general just to start up a few somewhat-3D games? (ofc the rest depends on the smartphone’s hardware)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend you all or have a great Monday start depending on your timezones! šŸ™‚

Al ex
    Keymaster

Seems your Win95 desktop is still set to 8bit (256 colours) mode. Change it to 16bit (65k colours), that should fix at least some of these games.

snike
    Participant

I’ll give that a go thanks, also sorry for the late reply, I always forget to subscribe to either of the threads I’m posting to. šŸ™‚

Al ex
    Keymaster

>>I always forget to subscribe to either of the threads Iā€™m posting to
    Yeah, me too. ?

snike
    Participant

Seems like at least a few of the games such as Civ 2 and Neverhood are working now which is sweet, although the latter has some broken graphics, mostly black boxes around characters and items but I’m glad I could run it, I’ll test with a few more demos these days, cheers! šŸ˜€

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, now I focused on sabe states, but raw daum build is already ported. It has bugs and is slower then current builds, but I hope, next year I can make it faster. Advantage is, much bigger compatibility with win9.x. Unfortunately without 3dfx support

snike
    Participant

Sounds good šŸ™‚ little by little most game will be playable hehe

snike
    Participant

Just messing a bit with Clive Barker’s Undying and lol I gotta say, I’m pretty impressed that the damn thing even runs xD, of course in Safe mode but still, I’ve a Huawei P9 Lite, it’s not too bad but hopefully a better phone would perform better as well. šŸ™‚

snike
    Participant

Same with Flight Unlimited, it sort of runs. xD

Larrynho
    Participant

Save states on dosbox, like those on console emulators? THATS A DREAM COME TRUE IF EVER COMES TO EXIST šŸ˜›

BTW the Neverhood works flawlessly on Scummvm without glitches šŸ˜€ I completed it a few months ago.

snike
    Participant

Oh sweet, I’ll do some testing with that as well in case, thanks! šŸ™‚

admin
    Keymaster

I work on save states patch here
    https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=53116&start=40

Now it is good enough, even not everything is handled. But this thread is about something else

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.