Benchmark

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    eddieywlee
    Participant

another new finding is the performance will not be affected even u are using video recording function….

Someone321
    Participant

I unboxed this phone yesterday, so no damage or viruses. 🙂

Samsung Galaxy J5 2017
    Exynos 7870
    2220 realtics
    No tweaks

Kupao
    Participant

Hi all, I just want to share benchmark results for my phones.

ASUS Zenfone 2 ZE551ML – quad core Intel Atom Z3580 @ 2.3 Ghz – Android Marshmallow – Score – 1311 (tested in Performance Mode)
    Huawei P8 Lite 2017 – octa core Kirin 655 @ 2.1 and 1.7 Ghz – Android Nougat 7.0 – Score – 1816
    Lenovo K8 Note – deca core Mediatek Helio X23 @ 2.3, 1.8 and 1.4 Ghz – Android Nougat 7.1.1 – Score – 1876

I figure that the benchmark does not use and A72 cores on the K8 Note?

acrosstheline1
    Participant

There is no reason not to use them. Why do you think so?

admin
    Keymaster

It is all managed by android system and depends on which cpu power plan is used. On linux is possible use cpu affinity and “pin” thread to chosen processor (in our case we could run dosbox core on strongest cpu). However I cant get it work, somewhere I found that google team blocked this feature directly in kernel since android 5+ ;(

I updated list, thanks 🙂 It pretty grows 🙂

Kupao
    Participant

The score and how the benchmark ran in itself. A72 cores are said to be more powerful than A53 cores. With that kind of power, you’d at least think that you may get a better score from them. Even the P8 Lite ran more consistently in my tests (K8 Note runs very fast at the start of the benchmark but tanked at the later areas)

Then again, the Snapdragon 821 score was worse, and that is flagship level CPU :-\

acrosstheline1
    Participant

Yeah, the bigger cores inside the 821 are tweaked A73 and it’s doing worse than most of the other chips. So it has a lot to do with software and instruction implementation. Unless you see another MTK with similar core setup doing far better, then that may be just how much it can do.

Al ex
    Keymaster

@kupao that’s a clear sign of overheating and throttling. It’s a Snapdragon thing, they don’t like cpu-heavy stuff.

BorjaRRR
    Participant

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
    Snapdragon 650
    Android Oreo 8.1 (Nitrogen OS)
    Default interactive governor, average: 1114 realtics

admin
    Keymaster

Wow, is Snapdragon 650 so good with default cpu settings? I can now buy one from second hand and I want update it with android 8, because I want implement some features introduced in Oreo. Runs Nitrogen OS without issues?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Very interesting. I wonder what they did to that particular chipset design. ?

admin
    Keymaster

Weird is why they put inside Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 slower Snapdragon 625 🙂

acrosstheline1
    Participant

Because it is way more efficient (built on 14nm process while the 650 is on 28) and that makes a significant difference in battery life which is the phone’s strongest point. On other hand most users wouldn’t be able to feel the difference in power in most tasks. While Xiaomi faced some backlash by the enthusiasts for using it, I think it was a good choice overall and it’s no surprise that it easily became their best selling phone and the best selling mid ranger in China and India where they sold it officially. They used 625 in a lot of their phones last year and are using it once again in the Note 4’s successor.

By the way, you’ve written 825 instead of 625 in the table.

BorjaRRR
    Participant

Yes, there are some Oreo custom roms for the Redmi Note 3. Im using Nitrogen OS since the first Nougat builds and they are great

xTMODx
    Participant

Galaxy Note 8 (N9500) (Qualcomm 835)
    normal mode (interactive governor) = ~1000
    performance mode (performance governor) = ~800

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.