Installing Diablo 2

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Ok, so to be sure,

you have win95 osr2 working on 512mb big image, right?

Cannot be your whole problem about MBR? You only copied win95 data, but system disk should be correctly formated.

Well, can you install diablo2 on pc?

Diablo2 has recomnended 32mb of ram, giving more is wasting resources. Bigger ram block must be emulated.

I saw the “j” in the past, dont remember what it was…

ihasz0212
    Participant

you have win95 osr2 working on 512mb big image, right? -> yes, win95 runs fine on the 512mb .img.

Cannot be your whole problem about MBR? You only copied win95 data, but system disk should be correctly formated. -> im not sure if i understand you correctly. whenever i exctracted a img with MBR i did delte the vhd inside it. and than coppied to the 2gb hdd.

Well, can you install diablo2 on pc? -> euh.. i have a question for you in this one for you as well as for @Al ex: did you need to patch diablo 2 on the win95? Because i need to patch in to run it on win10. I cant either attach the .img to VM like i do in MDOSbox becuse it cant run fat 16 (i guess thats the problem) Same goes for the “driver.img” you provided by your video. It cant be attached in VM only on your phone. SO i have no idea if ot could run on pc. …

Alr so i can mount play disc on phone and it opens up popup. I finally found out that task manager works on win95 as well. so after hitting “play” i can see in the task manager that “Diablo ii” and “Game” are are running. So I just gonna give it more time. … i guess (how loing does it take for you to start game?) (edit) so after like 40 min still nothing and they still “run” according to the task manager. ??

Bigger ram block must be emulated. -> what do you mean by this?

I saw the “j” in the past, dont remember what it was… -> hm… i see

admin
    Keymaster

So, i just spend few hours on getting work win95 on 2gb hdd. Instead vbox i used now limbo pc emu to the point when i used vbox.

I can confirm, that video guide is still perfectly valid and i have now win95 on 2gb big image.

I used win95 osr2.5

Al ex
    Keymaster

The Win95 OSR version is important, I belelieve. Not all of them will work equally well in Dosbox. Even if it’s working, it’s still very buggy (mostly Win95 bugs though 😁).

ihasz0212
    Participant

I can confirm, that video guide is still perfectly valid and i have now win95 on 2gb big image.-> I found out that it is valid if you use the EXACT same work pattern with the CPU patch (that you didnt inlcude in your video because it wasnt needed at that time).

I used win95 osr2.5 -> alr… gonna need to try that one than

Did you use limbo pc on comp or on phone?

admin
    Keymaster

I never installed cpu patch, although i heard about it, maybe is necessary for other win95 versions, i tried 2-3 different versions, however i never need it.

I think your problem is that simple injecting does not create mbr or is not correct.

Yes, the latest limbo-android-x86-6.0.0-qemu-2.9.1.apk

admin
    Keymaster

Okay, I installed diablo 2 and it wont start, the same what hapen to you. I must check my old image with diablo

ihasz0212
    Participant

hm.. okey i will try creating 2gb hdd first of all.

As well as patiently witing if you can get it (diablo 2) somehow to work.

infernoxzx
    Participant

Hi guys! Diablo 2 version should be no higher than 1.05, those that above will not work, I apologize if they knew about the version of the working game.

admin
    Keymaster

Hm, thanks for warning. I will try to find game on this version and will see. Is there any way how to detect the version ?

admin
    Keymaster

So, diablo 1.05 works. With official mdosbox version it has issues. However, then I tried the experimental version with 380mb ram. I tested it with pixel 3xl and I was completely surprised! This device runs it at fullspeed. At least first area.

Should be worth to make this experimental version up to date. It is 3 years old.

infernoxzx
    Participant

“Is there any way how to detect the version ?”

on the title screen of the game menu, the version of the game is written at the bottom from the left

infernoxzx
    Participant

eh, I was late with the answer.

“However, then I tried the experimental version with 380mb ram. I tested it with pixel 3xl and I was completely surprised! This device runs it at fullspeed. At least first area.”

Great 👍

ihasz0212
    Participant

“However, then I tried the experimental version with 380mb ram.”-> let me guess we have no access to that one ? XD

admin
    Keymaster

It is in other topic, link is in my coment

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.