Morrowind using OpenMW for Shield Tv + PS4 controller

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi people,

in the past I heard about project openmw for android. It was running Morrowind on my older device and I was using touchscreen. It was not so bad, but if you get further in the game then default touchscreen controls were not so comfortable. So I stopped playing. Now, after several years, I found somewhere my old Shield TV 2015. After re-pasting cpu and cleaning fan I installed there my favorite stuff. I don’t know how it happened, but I tried openwm on this device. First I tried version 48 (latest nightly build), but it did not work correctly. Shaders in this version were broken and I saw black surface textures. After attempts I found that the last version what works fine on this old device is 46. So I connected ps4 controller and went to play. OpenMW has internal gamepad mapper which works fine. However, you need more buttons to user friendly playing.

Morrowind offers “Quick Menu” in which is possible assign spells or abilities to numbers 1-9. But how it control with limited number of buttons on gamepad? This led me to re-building project and implementing secondary control scheme for gamepad. Is hardcoded, but I think it is enough. It works simply:

First, bind Quick Menu to some button (I use L stick down) – in Morrowind’s in-game settings (in gamepad options). Then assign spells/abilities to numbers in quick menu.

How to access it:

Button L2 is now reserved. Hold it down to activate second control scheme. Then press other buttons (while is L2 down).

Then buttons are mapped this way [button – number]:

KEYCODE_BUTTON_A – KEYCODE_1
    KEYCODE_BUTTON_B – KEYCODE_2
    KEYCODE_BUTTON_X – KEYCODE_3
    KEYCODE_BUTTON_Y – KEYCODE_4
    KEYCODE_BUTTON_L1 – KEYCODE_5
    KEYCODE_BUTTON_R1 – KEYCODE_6
    KEYCODE_BUTTON_R2 – KEYCODE_7
    KEYCODE_BUTTON_START – KEYCODE_8
    KEYCODE_BUTTON_THUMBR – KEYCODE_9
    KEYCODE_BUTTON_THUMBL – KEYCODE_0

You can download it here

Tested with Nvidia Shield Tv 2015 + PS4 controller. Maybe someone find it useful

Thyros
    Participant

Hi

Your using outdated openmw for android. Here you can find the newest 0.49 version for android

https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenMW/s/oAhsjxx3vM

I personally am using the sisah2 version.

Cheers

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, but v46 is the last what works on nvidia shield tv correctly. In newer versions are broken shaders of floor.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.