generic virtual gamepad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    SongJiang
    Participant

Are you lazy ?
    Yes, I know you are. Dont lie. You’ll only lie to yourself.
    Don’t be shy. I’m here for you.
    You want to play an action game but you’re too lazy to make a gamepad layout. You’re lucky. I did it for you:
    cover
    So this .mgc is a generic gamepad you can easily edit. It comes with a little Options menu to do quick changes in-game.
    Link for the file at the end of the description. Read the description first. Please.

full gamepad
    Test game: Tintin in Tibet (Infogrames, 1996)

HOW TO INSTALL
    . Add a new game to your collection and choose Import .mgc.
    . Select this virtual gamepad .mgc
    . Edit game title, cover, game path and technical things
    . Start your game
    By default, you will have a simple gamepad with dpad and two buttons: A and B.

OPTIONS MENU
    To open the option menu, swipe from up to down. From it, you can choose a layout opacity (0%, 50% or 100%), enable/disable buttons and double tap:
    options
    You can also use a notepad to write things. Just click the notepad icon, just at the right of OPTIONS title.

SHOW/HIDE LAYOUT
    To show/hide the layout, swipe from down to up (when hidden, the layout is also disabled). I’m using this for cinematics.

MAPPING YOUR BUTTONS
    You’ll need to map buttons to keyboard. To do this, enter the edit layout mode. You should have this screen:
    mapper
    You’ll need to use only two layers: button click and double tap. These layers are at the top of layers list.
    On button click layer, you can edit each button and map it to a keyboard key.
    Save the layout. Done.

MORE DETAILS ON HOW TO DO THAT

1. Open the General Settings by using the return button of your device then click on that “Pause” icon to enter the layout edition mode
    1.enter layout edition mode

2. You should have the screen below with the Layers List on the right.
    2.it's the layer list

3.Since the Layers List will hide some buttons, you mayb want to put it on the other side by using the little arrow.
    3.change layer list position

4.To map your first button, be sure to select the “Button Clic” layer. A small red/purple/pink frame should be visible around the selected layer’s name
    4.choose the right layer

5.Then select the button you want to map. For this example, it will be the Triangle (graphics could be different for you, depending on the version of that .mgc you’re using). A new window should be visible and will be used to edit that button.
    5.choose a button

6.Enter the widget edit mode by taping the Pen on that new window
    6.tap the pen

7.A new window should open. Scroll down until you find the part showed on the screenshot. This part decide wich keyboard key will be pressed when taping the Triangle button. In my example, it’s already set on the “h”. Be sure the “Enabled” is selected, too.
    7.choose the key

8.You will have a complete list of keyboard keys to choose for the Triangle button. Choose the one you want.
    8.key list

9.Validate your choice
    9.validation

10.Restart from step 4 for each buttons.

11.Don’t forget to save often !
    11.save often

Note on D-Pad : editing this one is a little different. But I’m sure you will understand the window. You may want to enable “Diagonals ON” for this widget.

EXPERT FEATURE
    expert
    You can edit this widget to enable/disable buttons and options by default on start. Go to the bottom of the edit window of this widget. You’ll find a a combo widget. Open it and tick the buttons and options you want when your game is launch. TICK ONLY widget tagged with the #START word (they are all at the top).

MORE DETAILS ON HOW TO DO THAT

1.Open it and scroll down to the bottom. Then click on the Combo widget

2.Choose the buttons you want to be enbaled by default when launching the game. On the screenshot, you can see I activated Square button and Triangle Button by default. Validate your choices, save the layout.

DOUBLE TAP
    Select the double tap layer. Select the widget you want to edit (double left or double right). And map a key you want to trigger when double tap on the appropriate dpad. I’m using this in game where the character can sprint left or right. I didn’t add a double tap for up and down atm. Note: Double tap feature need to be set to ON in the Options menu.

NOTE ON MULTI BUTTON TOUCH
    I configure buttons so you can press multiples buttons with one finger: when you touch a button, it will be pressed even if your finger leave the button zone. So you can reach other buttons. This will work only if don’t stop to touch the screen. If you stop to touch the screen, all buttons currently down will be unpress (up). As an example, if you want to press A (to run) and then B (to jump) but without unpressing A (to do a run+jump), you just need to press A and move your finger on B, without leaving the screen. Is it clear ?

========================================================
    MORE SCREENSHOTS
    full
    Full !

simple
    Simple !

========================================================
    CREDITS
    This .mgc is free of charge. You can use it, edit and repost it for a specific game without any problem. Don’t need to ask me. Just do it. A credit will be appreciate but it’s not need at all :).

VERSION HISTORY
    v1.1
    .change Options menu so true graphics buttons are used instead of letters
    .remove some useless images in the .mgc file
    v1.0
    .initial release

DOWNLOAD
    Default button graphics:
    Download the layout

Other graphics:
    .colored: Screenshot | Cover
    .colorfull: Screenshot | Cover
    .playstationary: Screenshot | Cover
    Download other graphics

How to create your own graphics:
    . open the .mcg file with a software like winrar
    . open \images folder
    . replace the images you want, but be sure to keep the same name
    . you now own the .mgc layout with your custom graphics !

Al ex
    Keymaster

Holy moly, that’s brilliant! ? What a great idea, thanks a lot! ?

admin
    Keymaster

I downloaded your layout and I played a bit with it’s functions. Damn, you did really a lot of work, it works really well. If you have idea what can help you make things easier then let me know

SongJiang
    Participant

Thank you kindly

SongJiang
    Participant

Just a little update so graphics button are used in the Option menu instead of letters. That will make things more easy to use custom graphics for button I uploaded 🙂

Neuro.dnmu
    Participant

Dear developers! Thank you very much for the very best dos emulator and control layouts! But, please, tell me is there any way to download new version > 80 with pixeltrap function. I have bought dosbox thought Playmarket, but I have only 80 version. I would be gladly test new beta and report some stuff!

Thank you in advance!
    With great respect,
    Dmitry

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much, I want release new version this week, but if you want test it before release, just send me email, i will be happy:)

MattGames12
    Participant

Hi how do i enable edit layout mode?

Al ex
    Keymaster

You mean the game profile? Just press the back button on your phone while ingame, and tap “Add virtual buttons”.

MattGames12
    Participant

No i mean how to map my buttons

MattGames12
    Participant

Hi how do i map my buttons can you make a video with the instructions? Or just teach on a simple way

Al ex
    Keymaster

That’s actually pretty straightforward. Enter layout edit mode (back button on phone -> “Add virtual buttons”), then follow the instructions given above in the original post. 🙂

MattGames12
    Participant

I dont understand the instructions it is confuse

SongJiang
    Participant

I will try to put some screenshots

SongJiang
    Participant

Just a little message to say I had screenshots with detailed way of mapping your buttons.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.