diablo 2 bought from battlenet.com on magic dosbox

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Al ex
    Keymaster

This is Diablo 2 running on my S7 edge:

The config is the one I made for Diablo 1, you can download it from the .mgc download section here on the forum.

xaxa
    Participant

Hi. Thanks a lot.
    I copied the settings you posted.
    But unfortunately the error about the display settings remains.
    It said that don’t find the hardware and if I run Diablo the error “you must use 256 colours or more” appears

admin
    Keymaster

And how did you install video drivers? Did you use drivers which I posted in my video guide on youtube?

SongJiang
    Participant

Hey Alex ! Just To know on your s7 edge. Is the game playable? I mean easy to play with touchscreen ? And not too much lag ?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Haven’t played Diablo 2 much tbh, but it’s working well. I recorded the above video with the Samsung Game Tools recorder.
    I did play Diablo 1 though for a while, and that one was perfectly playable. Thanks to the brilliant Magic Dosbox controls. ?

admin
    Keymaster

on S7 diablo 2 should work at fullspeed. It equires really a lot performance, slower devices are without chance. In this case is probably exager better option. Diablo 1 works awesome on slower devices.

SongJiang
    Participant

Thanks

xaxa
    Participant

Hi. I used the win95 img file posted in this guide
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2410203
    And also tried to install a win95 os in virtualbox from an original iso. but I had the same error in both ways.
    I encountered a strange error too. If I reboot win95 it remains stucked at the screen “rebooting now”

admin
    Keymaster

In youtube guide I face the same issue. (I think it is the same). In final steps you must run safe mode and delete some serial port and com port (or something like this – it is long time, maybe I remember it incorrectly)

xaxa
    Participant

i tried following different guides, but i’m not able to solve the problem

my last attempt was:
    downloaded a legit official win95 vmdk virtual disk from microsoft
    converted it in img file
    added you drivers folder
    booted this img into magic dosbox
    once windows 95 asked me for the installation of the drivers, i selected the copied folder

stop
    it doesn’t work

could someone can share your copy of the working c img?
    thanks!

xaxa
    Participant

i found this problem
    under display settings my video card is set as vmware, and i can’t change it to s3
    i can install the s3 drivers from the drivers.img but also under hardware management there isn’t any video card to uninstall as in your guide.

i think that my problem is about the video card settings.
    but i don’t know how to solve it

Al ex
    Keymaster

You can try one of the images in this xda post.

admin
    Keymaster

This tells me something. I think I faced the same issue in the past, but it so long time. I will try refresh my memory

xaxa
    Participant

I tried the img suggested by alex.
    Unfortunately doesn’t wark.
    I booted win95 and installed the display driver. But after that I can only boot the safe mode.
    If I boot normal os the screen remains black

Al ex
    Keymaster

Ok, I just tried with the Win98 lite image from the same xda thread, and it’s working. You might want to give it a go.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.