Cookies and Policy update
We updated cookies and policy rules. Please read. Probably we will send existing users email about this change. Our database contained a lot spammers from time when we did not use captcha. There was no way how to differentiate humans and bots, so we deleted users with zero posts and comments. I am sorry to all people who were deleted. Please create account again.
Magic Dosbox : next version
- better absolute and relative mode for physical mouse
- devices with android 6 and older can’t hide double cursor and must use absolute or relative mode
- devices with android 7 can hide double cursor, but must use absolute or relative mouse mode
- devices with android 8+ can enjoy fully functional physical mouse without double cursor and without any limitations.
- devices with android 7+ can toggle android cursor visibility with mouse wheel DOWN action (or with Special widget)
- removed flag which allowed interaction between physical mouse and widgets – this allows much better physical mouse functionality. If there will be demand, this feature can be restored in next updates
- Shortcut creation feature was not working in Oreo. Fixed
Magic Dosbox : v65 released 12.05.2018
- fixed double tap. Fixed cancelation conflict between longpress and double tap
- Console mode is now temporarily disabled
Magic Dosbox : v64 released 02.05.2018
Magic Dosbox : v63 released 01.05.2018
- Bugfixes in diming navigation bar
- Added immersive mode option to advanced settings. Changing this flag requires game restart, because widgets must be recreated based on new screen size.
- Fixed bug when widgets were loaded in incorrect orientation
- Save/Load states menu will be visible for both cores, but default core displays message, that svn core is needed
- Walkthrough widget supports now html, png, jpg, jpeg, bmp and txt files. Loading pdf files is problem.
- Widgets support new flag “passthrough”. Widgets with this flag enabled dont block touch event. This way is possible activate widgets which are placed on some position below down the control tree.
- layers support flag “modal”. For mode details search on web meaning of “modal window”.
- longpress gesture update, in one combination there was too big range detection
Magic Icons Designer : version 4 released (20180415)
- added 17 new icons for styling FPS games like Duke3D
22.0.02018 – Magic Icons Designer v1.0
Released Database of more then 250+ hand painted icons for styling mDosbox layouts.
Version is out 62
- Layers menu will be hidden when picking point by target widget. Crash fix.
- Bugfixes when importing custom images with name which was already added
- Gamepad Mapper now can bind Key widget. Gamepad buttons now can profit from Key widget’s doubletap feature.
Console mode/Blue cursor update
Magic Dosbox now supports Android 8 features and we must accept changes which were done between Android 5 to 8. We tried test Magic Dosbox as much as possible in the time when we added support for Oreo. However we missed one thing. Console Mode is based on using special blue cursor which sits always on top of everything. To get it work, we used feature which was deprecated in higher Android version and cannot be used anymore. This version provides partial fix. However we must request permissions for SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW. It should be granted automatically by install time from google play and for many people there should not be difference. Bad is, that Magic Dosbox is not available through google play on Android TV and this means, Magic Dosbox is not granted by this permission. We implemented manual requesting, however Android TV does not support it.
For Android TV Operating system :
Do not worry. Android TV is not out. Before Christmas time we initiated work on fully functional console mode based on LeanBack TV library. And it looks really good! For now, disable console mode and connect physical mouse or use touchpad on external keyboard to control magic dosbox on Android TV.
Merry Christmas friends 🙂
- fixed sve states problem by game Raiden
- improved cdrom mounting via GUI
Started “Benchmark” thread on forum.
Magic Dosbox now supports two locations for settings – private and public. Each location has own advantages and disadvantages. Since version 58 can people switch between private and public location on first page in “Welcome screen”. Custom public location can be still picked in global settings.
- Changing data directory from “MagicBox” to “.MagicBox”
- implemented android runtime storage permission introduced in android 6
- magic dosbox now targets android 8, we can now implement better external mouse support. Unfortunately, targeting android 8 needs drop support for android systems below version 4.0. This restriction was made by google team. 0.2% devices with donated version still run on these old systems. Please, if possible, upgrade to newer device or contact us
- svn core will support Save/Load states. Use them like a help, but at the end use regular saves. Save states are tightly bound with development, we will not hesitate to make saved states invalid due new features. Save states don’t cover every situation, use at your own risk
- Fixed crash introduced in previous version, thanks for report
- fixes in control scheme, relative mouse triggred in some situation unwanted click and relative mouse will start smoothly when pressed, instead a small jump, increased number of simultaneous touches to 4 (now is possible press ctrl+alt+shift+del)
- fixed bug when was not possible switch zoom action to mouse on double tap gesture
- added Polish translation! Many thanks Wiktor for your hard work:)
- walkthrough widget – fixed bug in horizontal scrolling and added text search bar
- zoom widget can be added to bag
- closing bag in design mode crashed in rare situation, fixed
- fixed crash caused by attempt to edit non-editable widget
- fixed situation when going back from selection mode led to error
Many thanks for bugs report, some bugs are still figuring in logs. To get them fixed, best is to send us report via google play console report system in case of crash and send us short email with instructions how to simulate bug.
Updated youtube channel
- added support for multiple layers!
- fixed absolute mouse for game Syndicate! Because mDosbox has none database for games identification, is necessary enable this fix manually in advanced settings
- reduced minimum size for selection in telescope widget’s stream mode
- widgets with colored background(not textured) will eat much less GPU memory and will load faster
- added drag2resize for widgets – resizing widgets will much easier now with implemented dragging slider
- added new action to deadly strike/combo widget for controlling layers visibility
- and more…
Many thanks to Alex, BorjaRRR, Mr.Scienceman2000, Ging An, OleGamerUA, Josip Prekratic, Stefano for help. Thanks to all for support.
- About magicbox