Windows 95 Driver and mgc issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jon-Ton
    Participant

New user to Magic Dropbox. I followed the tutorial, and while MDB failed to import the Win95_Install.mgc file (it returned the error: “Failed to load export information”) I paused the youtube videos to get the same settings in the “Expert commands” config file, adjusting the imgmount commands for the paths. I have Windows 95 4.00.950 B running fine, but things go real bad when installing the packages from the Drivers set. Dcom95 seems to not have finished installing. DirectX8 ends up giving me a screen with colored vertical bars upon rebooting, and a keypress puts it into scandisk which then finds errors, and it gets worse from there. I tried skipping those and going to Virtual Clone CD and that results in an error afterword about a nonexisting dll file being linked.

I at least have the basic Windows image file backed up with the video and monitor settings taking care of, so I don’t waste more time starting over from zero, but I can’t really go anywhere from here.

Has something happened with updates that has killed this? It looks like other people got this going – in the past…

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, in the video i use Win95_OSR25. I remember that there was problem with dll. I think i added it to drivers.img. link should be below video. What is the name of that dll?

Jon-Ton
    Participant

Wow – thanks for the quick reply!

Ive got the Cfgmgr32.dll moved over to the system folder. The Error I get is: “The VCDDAEMON.EXE file is linked to missingexport OLE32.DLL:CreateClassMoniker”

Update: I just tried installing Dcom95 AFTER attempting to install Virtual Clone CD and did not have a problem installing Dcom95 like before. After rebooting I now have a “CDRom” (E:) in the My Computer folder. So it seems I have one problem solved. Now how to figure out how to use that, and then how to get DirectX installed…

admin
    Keymaster

You must copy iso file to disk d and mount it in daemon tools. But I think I used virtual clone cd, i dont remember why.

Jon-Ton
    Participant

So would this be how to do it?

Copy the CD images into an image file which would then be mounted as drive D: (instead of the Drivers.img) and then load an iso into the virtual CDRom.

If so, then getting the iso files into the image file sounds like … fun. Is there a tool for that?

admin
    Keymaster

Winimage on windows. You can do it directly in dosbox, but is is slow. Mount local storage to C and disk to D. Then copy with northon commander.

Jon-Ton
    Participant

Great – thanks for that tip. Yes, doing it in DB has been very slow.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.