Syndicate Power Sliders

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    JemyM
    Participant

I meant “managed to get it accurate” of course.

Al ex
    Keymaster

They’re using this strange 640×460 16 colour mode. Try Advanced options -> Manual mouse correction, or mouse sensitivity.

JemyM
    Participant

It did not help. Something else is going on. It isnt possible to click the top of the screen with fingers either, regardless if i use portrait or landscape mode. I tried the three correction types without success. Mouse works in other titles I tried. Space Hulk for example allow me to click the top of the screen just fine.

Al ex
    Keymaster

I’ll have a look. Some old DOS games did some really weird stuff to mouse movement. Ultima Underworld is a PITA, too. 😉

Al ex
    Keymaster

No, can’t get it to work, I’ve also tried ctmouse. It does work with relative mouse, but this weird resolution breaks absolute mouse. Damn…

admin
    Keymaster

See my new video, hope it is what you need

Al ex
    Keymaster

Holy crap, you did it! That’s brilliant!

admin
    Keymaster

Hah, thanks. I was struggling with opengl functions for a while, but finally it was easy

JemyM
    Participant

This is tremendously useful and definitely fix the issue with smaller screens. I can see how it allows a game interface like Syndicate to be controlled. I like how these options provide a gamer with many ways to rethink old UI’s.

JemyM
    Participant

So I am looking at the video again and it got me thinking if this also can solve a problem I have with Eye of the Beholder. Eye of the Beholder is almost a bliss to play with Magic Dosbox. So tremendously interactive that it feels like it was made for a touchscreen. Except for the fact that you have to Right-Click the hands to attack and the Names to switch. You could create widgets in the sidebars for all the hands. But what if it was possible to use this system you created to mirror sections of the screen to do this, and when you click the mirrored section it right-click instead of leftclick:

admin
    Keymaster

This is not a problem. I can add option for that to ZoomWidget.

One thing what you can’t do with current implementation is that white border around characters, because I stream to widget’s background. This is the efficient way. Solution is streaming to foreground and you can setup background. This is not efficient way, because people will create big background textures (with current implementation) – and only because they need tin border. If your background will be pure color then I can fix it easily, opengl does it fine. for images I can do partial fix, but it will work fine.

JemyM
    Participant

The “white background”? If you mean the lines, its part of the game. Blessed characters.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Funny. This looked like a mock-up, and that lead to the latest development, which will allow you to set custom backgrounds for telescope widgets. Pretty neat, if you want e.g. to draw a nice border around an enlarged screen portion. This feature will also be a part of the upcoming v53.

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, if game has “natural” border then this is currently best way. I added streaming to foreground and in this case is possible set standard widget’s background. But this means that due tiny border is created and drawn big background texture. I’ll make optimizations in v54 together with layers support, but still will be efficient streaming to background instead streaming to foreground(only background from pure color – picked from color picker will be none problem).

admin
    Keymaster

And maybe you will like new option in advanced setting – background texture

I am happy that this thread leads to cool feature, maybe one day I will write book about designing games in mDosbox, LoL

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.