More precise mouse emulation on BT joysticks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    The Game Foxx
    Participant

Maybe im missing something, but when i use the controller mapper, and map either analog stick as the mouse, it gives the mouse speed option. What if there was sensitivity options instead? Because when you go to move the stick for mouse movement, the mouse moves the same speed no matter how far you move the stick. Having a sensitivity option would make using the mouse in game feel more natural, if that makes any sense.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, I understand that sensitivity would be better. “Speed” is used because avoids many problems.

can you describe how it should work?

The Game Foxx
    Participant

Well have you ever played a console game, where the farther you push the right stick, the faster the camera moves? If you only push it a little it moves slowly, but push it all the way it moves fast. I think it should work like that, but for mouse movement.

admin
    Keymaster

So, you want calculate “speed” dynamically, right?

Joystick moves in range -1.0 to +1.0, usually range from -0.25 to 0.25 is deadzone, which must be. This means you have active range from -1.0 to -0.25 and from 0.25 to 1.0.

Probably you want split active range to smaller ranges and each will set another speed value? Right?

The Game Foxx
    Participant

That could work? Idk how it would be implimented but it would make mouse movement feel more natural and precise

admin
    Keymaster

I came to this point in the past, but it needs tune various details which make me headache. Thats why it is not still implemented:)

The Game Foxx
    Participant

An idea for the future perhaps then, youve come so far with this already we cant be expecting miracles

admin
    Keymaster

If possible, try enable console mode and try control blue cursor with analog stick. Here I implemented in the past something similar. Is it near to expectation?

The Game Foxx
    Participant

Wow ok, where have i been the last 10 months. I apologize for just disappearing. I actually went to test this today but have learned that console mode has been removed since i last tinkered with the app. I decided to get it up and running on my nvidia shield and was kind of surprised to see console mode gone. I thought id be able to test this blue cursor thing better late than never but alas…

admin
    Keymaster

Blue cursor was removed, because it was using features which google marked like dangerous in newest android versions and blocked it. Every attempt fix it led to crash, so I removed it because was not possible go back to lower target sdk version. I raised sdk version because android 8 adds full support for physical mouse, this is very important. Now I work on another console mode. It’s lot of work, but with small steps I am going forward.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.