Eagle Eye Mysteries in London Setup Doesn't Recognize the Sound Blaster Card

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    philthethrill
    Participant

I tried to install Eagle Eye Mysteries in London, and it doesn’t recognize the Sound Blaster card. I tried all of them. In the setup there’s an option to test the sound card. If it works, the setup will continue. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen. The game supports Pro Audio Spectrum, Pro Audio Spectrum Plus/16, Sound Blaster, Sound Blaster Pro and Roland MT-32.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Seems to detect Soundblaster Pro just fine. Have you tried to simply launch the game, and see if you hear sound?

philthethrill
    Participant

I tried to simply launch the game, but it wanted me to run the setup program first. I tried Soundblaster Pro like you suggested and it worked. I picked the 2nd option which let me edit the settings. I just left the defaults alone. I launched the game and I hear sound, but I don’t hear the voices. I bought the CD version on eBay and I converted it to an iso. I checked the game options and the voices are turned on.

admin
    Keymaster

Hmmm usually you setup in game setup sounds and music 2 options)…are there two options?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Make sure to setup the sound card correctly. While the original SB Pro defaulted to IRQ 5, and the game is also setup with IRQ 5 by default, Dosbox (all versions) uses IRQ 7.

philthethrill
    Participant

Thanks Al ex. I changed the settings to IRQ 7 for Sound Blaster Pro for both sound and music. It worked. Absolute mouse works also by the way.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Great, have fun!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.