Dungeon Keeper won't start

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Ryles1989
    Participant

I set the sound to off and sadly it made no difference

Al ex
    Keymaster

The file behind my link is a very basic .mgc file that you can import into MagicDosbox (tap the orange + symbol, then “Import profile”.
    I’ve set the mountings so they (should) match your game folder.

admin
    Keymaster

And can paste here your config? Scroll down to “Software section” and on right side press button “Get”

Ryles1989
    Participant

Hi thanks again for the help.when I go to import file it can’t find the file I downloaded,and when I go into my downloads it just shows it as an empty zip file.thanks

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, I just tested the download and works correctly….File is not empty

Ryles1989
    Participant

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I press the link,hit the big Green button,it downloads it.when I open it it says no file available,and when I press the import button it just doesn’t see the file at all or at least I can’t find it.

admin
    Keymaster

I saw that some browsers rename mgc to zip. And magic dosbox looks for mgc extension..

Ryles1989
    Participant

Yes I believe that’s what has happened is there any way I can change this?thanks

Al ex
    Keymaster

Lol, this is getting more complicated than I’d thought. I hate it when apps try to be clever…?

Ok. Replace the [autoexec] section in your expert settings wih this one:

[autoexec]
    @Echo Off
    mount c: /storage/emulated/0/Dkeep1
    c:
    imgmount d /storage/emulated/0/Dkeep1/game.gog -t iso -fs iso
    keeper

Ryles1989
    Participant

Haha I know how you feel. Right this time it’s is mounting the c drive but saying it can’t find the image file u tried on both .gog and .install. because it’s changing it every time I definitely think it’s to do with the expert settings.thanks

Al ex
    Keymaster

Right, we’re getting there. The image file must be placed inside your DKeep1 folder, and labelled game.gog. That’s the way the GOG installer copies it during install.

Ryles1989
    Participant

I’ve just checked it’s in the data folder inside the DKeep1 folder is that correct?thanks

Al ex
    Keymaster

Not quite, but that doesn’t matter. Change the imgmount line to:
    imgmount d /storage/emulated/0/Dkeep1/data/game.gog -t iso -fs iso

Ryles1989
    Participant

I’ve just moved the game.gog file out the data folder and now when I open the game it says C and Dom drive are mounted but it says illegal command keeper

Al ex
    Keymaster

…which means, the keeper.exe is missing. I suspect it’s also located in the /data folder.
    Now this is getting rather complex, because your directory structure seems to be different from mine.

Two options:

1. Try this:

[autoexec]
    mount c: /storage/emulated/0/Dkeep1/data
    imgmount d /storage/emulated/0/Dkeep1/data/game.gog -t iso -fs iso
    c:
    keeper

2. or copy keeper.exe, dos4gw.exe, keeper.cfg, game.inst and game.gog to /DKeep1, and use this:

[autoexec]
    mount c: /storage/emulated/0/Dkeep1
    imgmount d /storage/emulated/0/Dkeep1/game.gog -t iso -fs iso
    c:
    keeper

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.