Duke Nukem 3D Atomic

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    duke3d.exe
    Participant

So you can’t make it work like beloko? somehow replicate “2 mouses” so we can have analog fordward/vackward and strafing with the left thumb and aiming with the right thumb? its kinda unplayable otherwise in a touchscreen imo.

admin
    Keymaster

But it works perfectly… like modern fps games. I like to integrate all what game offers, it must support it. I finished all episodes without issues with these controls. Maybe you are on wrong forum, if you look for port which goes over original game possibilities then you must spam on other website. If you can bring idea how to make controls for your needs then do not hesitate post it, and i can work on it.

duke3d.exe
    Participant

Have you tried Delta Touch? i dont think its possible to me to explain until you try it. Once you see the difference I think you would agree that its better than the current setup in here.

Original Duke 3d I think it allowed to go forward/backward and strafe with the mouse. So what we would need is to have this on the left thumb and then regular aiming on the right thumb. I dont know how this would be done. Just try Delta Touch to get the idea. I think it works better with touchscreens that way.

BTW: Do I need to click on “expert” checkbox for the manual settings to apply? when I clicked there it doesnt load, it gives me an error.

BTW: The toggle run button stopped working… I was editing the alpha to make the buttons less visible and somehow i fcked something up and its not toggling anymore and it just runs.

BTW: When I press the key U it doesnt toggle mouse look.. wtf. Edit: I realized your tutorial says:

“In Mouse Aiming Mode set momentary button and enable “Invert Mouse Aiming up and down”

I think this is wrong and it should be toggle.

duke3d.exe
    Participant

In any case, i get so many fps slowdowns playing its kind of pointless. Its like im playing on a 486 or something. In some plaecs is smooth, then it lags as if i was playing in a computer with low ram or trying to access the hdd or something.

duke3d.exe
    Participant

Btw something else I’ve noticed is that SB Pro 2.0 gives me really glitched music.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Just use SB16 instead, and in general, increasing prebuffer size to prevent sound skipping, though you shouldn’t really have to.
    Again, your whole issues with this game strike me as odd. The Exynos 8890 was by far the nost powerful cpu for DOSBox at the time. Nowadays, it doesn’t matter if you’re using Exynos, Snpadragon, or Kirin, but the 8890 is the only cpu from that generation that still holds up today.

duke3d.exe
    Participant

This is strange. Can you please test in Level 1 from Episode 4? this one is specially shitty for me. I specially cant get past this place:

I just cant get past the laser zone, the fps get so shit here, for some reason, i cant play like this. Is it smooth for you there too?

admin
    Keymaster

Is fps ok after start? Drops itcafter 1-2 minutes?

duke3d.exe
    Participant

its bad straight away. its just not smooth. it feels like you are playing with a struggling computer, in some places is worse than other, and you get the random “loading” stuttering, like accesing ram or hdd or something.

Al ex
    Keymaster

That sounds strange. Can you please export your profile and post a download link here? There must be something weird in there. Unless your game is broken (which I highly doubt), it should run perfectly fine on the S7.

admin
    Keymaster

“Have you tried Delta Touch? i dont think its possible to me to explain until you try it. Once you see the difference I think you would agree that its better than the current setup in here.”

yes, i developed this functionality based on delta touch, i still dont understand what you mean, it works like you described. Left stick forward/backward strafe, right side – look around and fire with unlocked aiming.

its bad straight away. its just not smooth. it feels like you are playing with a struggling computer, in some places is worse than other, and you get the random “loading” stuttering, like accesing ram or hdd or something.

Did you place game on sdcard or internal storage? Maybe your storage has problem.

duke3d.exe
    Participant

The game is all on the memory, not SD card. The duke3d im trying now is from my steam folder, the one that came with megaton edition or 20th edition, im not sure. It came with the classic folder as well. I did also try a .iso.

As far as controls, the best way to explain what do I mean is, in your setup, left stick is this:

https://k34.kn3.net/taringa/6/3/4/2/8/2//nachone/8B8.jpg?2178

And in Delta Touch, its this:
    https://i.redd.it/phupgfjwggj31.jpg

@Alex I will upload my profile later

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, you are looking for four axis support or two axis and mouse. Unfortunately, classic duke and atomic version dont support it. Can you check megaton setup.exe?

EDIT : I tried to get work ruddler and throttle, but I can’t get it work. In setup.exe seem they can work like axis, maybe together with 2axis joystick or mouse it can work like in beloko, but I dont know how to setup it.

Batchallbro
    Participant

When I try to download it it’s a .zip file like normal (.mgc.zip),but inside it there isn’t a .mgc file,it’s just a bunch of files that I could use to try and recreate the layout by hand,and some xml files,where can I get the actual .mgc file?

Al ex
    Keymaster

You mean the download from the original post? I just tried, and I’m getting the .mgc file via a Mediafire link. 🤔

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.