Crusader – No Remorse

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Al ex
    Keymaster

Version 1.0
    =========

1280×720 (Galaxy Note 2 N7100):

Download

Info:
    – Double-tap Enter button (check mark) to emulate Esc key
    – “Toggle UI” button hides/shows UI (e.g. for watching cut scenes or movies)

OpticTeadrop
    Participant

Hi, I know this post is pretty old, but I very like how the UI looks and I wanted to use it, but unfortunately when I try to start the imported profile, Magic Dosbox crashes. Is there any way to fix this issue? Help would be very appreciated

Al ex
    Keymaster

I don’t think it’s an actual crash, it’s simply the [autoexec] section in expert settings pointing to the wrong directory. Adjust the path after “mount c” to where your dos games are stored, and it should work.
    You can delete the “exit” command, or comment it out with a #, so Dosbox won’t exit automatically. I just put it there for convenience, so I drop back to the main menu when I quit the game.

OpticTeadrop
    Participant

I did what you suggested, unfortuantely Magic Dosbox still exits when I try to launch the profile. I even tried to turn expert settings off and launch the game without them and the same thing happened

OpticTeadrop
    Participant

Ok, so I managed to make it work, but in a very hacky way

I made a new profile and configured it, and I also imported the old profile. Then I went to the MagicDosbox/Games/Data directory, and I copied the “Layouts” file and “Images” folder from your profile and pasted them into the one I’ve created. Then I launched my profile and after Magic Dosbox closed by itslef (like in your profile), I once again went to the /Data directory for my profile and I saw that a “Layouts_New” file was created. I then deleted the old “Layouts” file and renamed the “Layouts_New” file to just “Layouts”. Then I went back to Magic Dosbox and after I started my profile, everything worked and I was able to see the controls. I don’t really know why it worked, but hey, I’m not complaining

Thanks for trying to help me anyways, especially as this post is 8 years old. What a helpful community

Have a nice day sir!

Al ex
    Keymaster

Wtf 8 years!? 🤣🤣🤣
    I wonder what the issue was. Maybe screen resolution or aspect ratio? I created that profile back then on a Galaxy Note 4, and have been using it on several other phones.
    Weird, but glad you got it working. And after all, hacky solutions are usually the most fun. 😉

admin
    Keymaster

Similar situation was reported, but I was unable to reproduce it, do you remember? Thrn I was completely out of time, so I could not finish the hunting:( seems likr big on some devices.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.