Constructor Error on Boot

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    LappyGB
    Participant

I’m on 11.

Al ex
    Keymaster

I just tried it on my wife’s A52 (Android 11), and it’s also working. Wtf!? Can you install the free version of mDosbox from the Playstore, and see what happens?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Maybe NSA have decided you’re playing to many video games, and blocked your phone? 🤷‍♂️

LappyGB
    Participant

Haha! Well they let me get Commandos and the expansion cracked and working!

Same error on the free version, what on earth is different. 🤣

LappyGB
    Participant

Ok so why do I have a dosbox.conf file sitting in internal storage/downloads last modified 8 mins ago.

Disregard, from another dosbox I was trying it on.

LappyGB
    Participant

Root Folder

Settings Folder

I take it you don’t have any extra files or folders that are generated on first boot? I tried playing around with the paths in the install.dat folder but didn’t help, I think I’ll give up with it for now until I get access to a couple of other Android devices to try it on in about a week.

One thing to note is system.ini seems to get edited every time I try to launch (new time stamp) but only contains settings to do with in-game options.

Cheers

Al ex
    Keymaster

What folder name are you using? Mine is “Construc”, to meet the 8 char requirement.

LappyGB
    Participant

I have “CONSTRUC” as the folder on my original files (includes video etc), just using “Con” here, doesn’t make a difference.

admin
    Keymaster

Cannot be broken files?

LappyGB
    Participant

Same files work on DosBox for Windows, anyway doesn’t look like a Magic issue.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Are you getting the same error on the other Dosbox version you tried? Looks like some sort of disk access / write permission issue. Which is really strange, considering it’s bugged on one A52, but working on another. Are your files / folders write protected? Highly unlikely, but at this point, I’d be willing to try anything.

admin
    Keymaster

What you bind to drive c:? Can you post your mounts? On android 11 you cannot mount disk root or Download folder. Make folder Games in root or in Downloads and put constructor there. Then mount Games as drive C

LappyGB
    Participant

I keep all my files in SD card/DOS, the original Constructor files are in “SD Card/DOS/Construc” however the “SD Card” part is an 8 digit ID like 8AHF-946T.

I haven’t changed anything with the file system on either my phone or tablet, everything is default. I did check the read/write status of the settings files with Total Commander and they’re all good.

I keep everything I boot in DosBox inside that DOS folder and everything else I have launches and loads/saves without issue. I’ve got multiple Win95 images, then a bunch of DOS games including stuff like Sim City, Master of Orion 2, Transport Tycoon etc.

I couldn’t get the other couple of free DOS apps to work Alex, couldn’t find the correct directory to type to mount the game files (the user interfaces were extremely basic).

admin
    Keymaster

If you are on sdcard then did you set sdcard permission in global settings?

Best is put games on internal storage now

LappyGB
    Participant

Yes SD permissions are all good, I still get the launch error if I put the files on internal storage.

The problem is only happening with this one game, everything else works perfectly.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.