Constructor Error on Boot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    LappyGB
    Participant

Hi there,

Just trying to get Constructor working for the first time in a while but getting this error on launch:

Not having any boot problems with any other games so don’t think it’s a permissions issue, I’ve tried using fresh copies of the game files but no luck.

Anyone came across this or know a fix?

Al ex
    Keymaster

I don’t have the game, so I can’t test, but does it work on Windows/Linux Dosbox on a PC?

LappyGB
    Participant

Hey Alex,

I keep meaning to do this will come back to ya. I don’t think it’s an Android issue though, other games boot fine.

Off topic for this thread but could you check my post in your old Commandos Behind Enemy Lines thread if you haven’t noticed it? 😀

LappyGB
    Participant

So yes, runs fine in DosBox on Windows, not sure why it’s throwing up this error in Magic, had it working in the past with no issues.

Files that work for it are available on Abandonia if you want to give it a go, they’re only like 30MB.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Have you requested the sd card permission from global settings? The game seems to be unable to write to the file system.

It should run fine out of the box, without even using expert commands. Have you tried to copy the working game files to your phone?

LappyGB
    Participant

Yeah it’s all good, I’ve got 10+ DOS games working no issue and Win95 boots.

I’ve copied the files that are working in DosBox for Windows directly over but still the same issue. It seems to be a game-specific issue on Magic. I’ve tried 4 different versions of the game files (CD files, raw Dos files etc.) but all the same problem.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Mh, it’s working fine for me. I’ve created a new default profile, with no tweaks whatsoever, then simply picked the game’s exe under “main program”, and sndsetup.exe from the /music folder as “Setup”.
    Configured sound using autodetect, then launched the game.

LappyGB
    Participant

Hmm what’s causing my problem then, I’ll need to investigate further!

I’ll try starting it completely fresh with a new profile in Magic.

Don’t get hooked on it!

LappyGB
    Participant

I’m pretty lost with this, not sure why my device (Samsung Tab A 10.1) is having this issue with this game. Worked about a year ago, weird.

LappyGB
    Participant

Is there a way to get logs off Magic to see any more info on the error?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Not really. You can enable debugging in global settings, but I think it doesn’t do much.
    Still very weird. Have you tried to launch the game from both internal and external storage?

LappyGB
    Participant

Yes I tried that straight away thinking it was a permissions issue. Have tried different game files, fresh profile, internal/external storage, different root folders, moved SD permission to the exact game folder, moved Magic DosBox to SD card.

Nothing comes back from Google about that specific error in Dos, really odd, can only think it’s a Samsung issue? Need to test on another device.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Was just about to suggest the same. Any device should do, as this isn’t a Samsung bug in particular (I’m using a Galaxy S9+).

LappyGB
    Participant

Same issue on my A52s, completely fresh DosBox install.

Did you use the Abandonia files? What Android version are you on?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Yes, and I’m on Android 10.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.