Can I Adjust the Volume in Magic DosBox?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    philthethrill
    Participant

Is there any way I can adjust the volume in Magic DosBox? I would like to play Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Vol. 3 but the sound is a bit loud. Unfortunately there is no option in the game to adjust the volume.

admin
    Keymaster

+/- volume does not work?

philthethrill
    Participant

Do you mean pressing the +/- keys on the keyboard? If yes, I tried that and it didn’t work.

admin
    Keymaster

No, I mean +/- volume buttons on your phone. What is your device for?

philthethrill
    Participant

My device is a Chromebook and it supports Android Nougat.

admin
    Keymaster

I though it, ok, i can add bind to mapper, but how do you increase/decrease volume in other app?

philthethrill
    Participant

I use the volume keys on the keyboard. Here’s a link that shows what they look like. https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1047364?hl=en

admin
    Keymaster

Hmm strange, what happen if you press these buttons?

philthethrill
    Participant

Well the volume is at its lowest setting and the game sounds loud to me. If I press the decrease the volume button the sound gets muted.

admin
    Keymaster

what happens if you press these buttons :
    https://www.edtechteam.com/blog/2014/05/workaround-to-adjust-volume-on/

You said “If I press the decrease the volume button the sound gets muted.”, but you don’t say what happens if you press increase volume…

On picture which you sent press :

Mute Mute (F8)
    Decrease volume Lower the volume (F9)
    Increase volume Raise the volume (F10)

Does it help?

philthethrill
    Participant

It helps when I push the increase volume button to make the volume louder. I’m just curious if Magic DosBox has a built in volume control option. Adjusting the volume by pressing the keys on the keyboard works just fine, but even at the lowest volume setting, the game is still too loud for me.

admin
    Keymaster

Hmm its weird, on phone/tablet is volume +/- increases and decreases volume fine. Shame, I don’t have chromebook by hand for test.

> Iā€™m just curious if Magic DosBox has a built in volume control option
    Can you try how it works for example in iDosbox?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Have you tried the mixer command? https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/MIXER

I haven’t managed to get it to work properly, but maybe I’m missing something.

philthethrill
    Participant

I just tried the mixer command. I have no idea how it works. It lists the channels (master, CDAUDIO, SB, and FM), main (f :f for each channel), and main (dB) (f :f for each channel). What should I type in?

Al ex
    Keymaster

That’s what’s happening for me, too. Maybe it either needs to be implemented, or it doesn’t work on Android. We need dev support on this one… šŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.