BT Game Controller Support

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    NCirie
    Participant

Tony, when will the update be released?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

version 40 should be released to the end of this month. Sorry I can’t do it sooner due my vacation.

Tony

NCirie
    Participant

I installed the most recent update and am still not seeing how to map both analog sticks?

Tony, can you help with this?

admin
    Keymaster

Hmm maybe we are not talking about the same thing. In voodoo mapper you can bind to left stick keypad, two axis, or mouse. The same for right stick…

Or do you mean something else?

NCirie
    Participant

My interpretation of the devs response in this thread was that the recent update would include functionality for both analogs:

“yes, in new version you can bind keypad to left and right joystick.”

Am I missing something?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Mh, should be pretty straightforward. At least it is on my device. I’m using an ipega 9025, connected via bluetooth without any additional stuff.
    In Voodoo Control settings, I can assign each control optioms to every joystick on my gamepad (1 dpad and 2 analog sticks).
    I can even map “2axis” to both my left and right analog stick at the same time. Which doesn’t make any sense, because they interfere with each other. But still, it’s perfectly possible.

What joypad are you using? And what ecactly do you want to map?

admin
    Keymaster

It works this way :
    Physical joystick/gamepad has these controls :

gamepad – allows to bind keyboard keys and 2 axis (not full range, only edges -1.0, 0.0 and 1.0)
    left stick – allows to bind keyboard keys, mouse and 2axis with full range from -1.0 to 1.0
    right stick – the same like above

left and right stick shares 2axis settings. Keypad settings are unique per gamepad, left and right stick.

Left/right sticks are commonly named left/right joysticks. This was what I meant.

But reading again your post I start thinking that you want connect two physical gamepads to android device. Is it right? Unfortunately this is not implemented now. But you are second who requested it. Question is – is it possible? I will explain why I am asking. Android works this way :

If you touch down screen with your finger then you start mouse dragging. Now if you click with physical mouse then happens this :

1. android send cancel event (something like touch up) for touchscreen.
    2. physical mouse does mouse down and up. And your finger is still down on your screen.

This means that android does not allow cooperation of two different components.
    But maybe for joystick is it fixed. This must be tested.

Here I found a bit another problem
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33070114/multiple-game-controllers-on-android

Or maybe you want assign to left stick 1st axis and to second stick 2nd axis. So you will have to different axis on each stick. Please what you need from above?

Thank you,
    Tony

NCirie
    Participant

No. I am not trying to use 2 separate joysticks. I am simply trying to get the left and right joystick on my BT controller to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

admin
    Keymaster

And what do you want control with left joystick and what with right joystick (keyboard, mouse or axis)? What game do you try?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Ah, wait. Stupid question, but I’ve made the same mistake just now while trying again: Have you enabled Voodoo mapper inside Voodoo Control settings? Because if I don’t, only my left joystick is working.

admin
    Keymaster

yes, that’s good question. Left joystick sends some defaults what are deeper in mDosbox converted to dosbox events. Enabling voodoo mapper overrides them.

And is your bt controller functional? Does it work with another app?

And what is your android version?

bgon74
    Participant

I have a Sminiker Bluetooth controller paired to a galaxy s7. Ever since the update, I am unable to map keys in voodoo controls. All keys that were mapped prior to the v42 update still fuction within the game.

admin
    Keymaster

Damn, thank you for report, you are right, I am going check it.

admin
    Keymaster

ok fixed, i’ll try release fixed version as soon as possible

bgon74
    Participant

Awesome, thank you for your quick response!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.