Broken

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    andwan0
    Participant

Magic DOSBox used to work fine.
    But now been having problems.
    I have two layers (Portrait & Landscape) for controls.
    But no matter how many times I hide one layer and save, and return to game, both layers persistently show.

Also, my mouse buttons stopped working. They USED to work before. I didn’t change anything.

Any ideas?

admin
    Keymaster

H, please export game profile and share it.

andwan0
    Participant
    Al ex
    Keymaster

Sorry for the late reply, that one slipped right through. ?
    Alright, this will be a rather lengthy post:

I. The layers

I’ve tested your layout, and both layers do indeed show up every time the game is loaded. I don’t know if this is intended behaviour, but there’s an easy workaround:

1. hide one layer
    – create a Deadly Strike widget, check “Undetectable”, un-check “Visible”, check “Run at start”.
    – tap the + sign below “Run at start”, select “Layers”. Tap the Layers entry in the list, and chose the one layer you want to be hidden on startup, for example “Portrait”

This will auto-hide the portrait layer two seconds after you’ve launched the profile.

2. switch between layers
    To switch between both, create another Deadly Strike widget. Don’t change any settings, i.e. leave all boxes checked/unchecked as they are. Now tap the + icon again, then “Layers”. Tap the Layers entry, and select both layers. Tap the cogwheel next to it, and change the widget action to “Switch”.

This will alternate between both layers when you tap the widget. Makue sure to create an identical widget on the other profile layer (or simply copy it over).

II. the mouse clicks
    Change your mouse widget settings under “Specific” from “Until button down” to “Click”. This will emulate normal mouse behaviour (tap to click, hold to drag).

Here’s an example. It’s not pretty, I just added the Deadly Strike widgets, and edited your mouse widgets. But it should give you an idea of what I mean.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.