Blood wont play video

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    The Game Foxx
    Participant

Ok its me again, that fps enthusiast. So i got blood and its expansions running via magicdos. i had to up the memory because the game needs at least 23 mb of memory, so i set it to 32 mb. Now here is my issue, the game itself runs fine. But the intro video does not play. This is not a deal breaker by any means, i can still enjoy the game for what it is, a fun build engine shooter. But i am just curious as to why the video does not play, and if there is anything i can do to help this issue? Not just for my sake, but the community as a whole. When i run the game on dosbox via my GOG install, the video plays. I had to make sound card adjustments and resolution adjustments so that the game would boot, but even then when i made the same adjustments on pc the video played. what could the culprit be?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

I don’t know…try contact me via email, I can look at this.

The Game Foxx
    Participant

Is your email the same one as the google play support email?

The Game Foxx
    Participant

Well its fixed! Thank you so much. I had no idea about cd mounting or anything like that.

admin
    Keymaster

GoG renames .iso to .gog, and .cue to .inst or .ins.

To fix blood intro, copy game.gog from upper folder to BLOOD folder. Rename game.ins to game.inst (version 58 will fix this step). And in magic dosbox game profile add cd under cdrom section pointed to game.inst

The Game Foxx
    Participant

Amazing how that works. Other games probably could run into the same issue huh?

admin
    Keymaster

Maybe, gog sometimes does very weird things

UterusMaximus
    Participant

Sorry for the thread-necromancy but:
    Thanks for posting this problem AND the solution!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.