Wing Commander 2 save transfer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mariowc2ace
    Participant

I’d like to know if it’s possible to transfer a save from Wing Commander/SO1/SO2 Crusade to Wing Commander 2?

mariowc2ace
    Participant

Oh, and probably from WC2 to its respective special operations games as well. Thank you!

mariowc2ace
    Participant

And to be clear, I’m trying to import the WC character and kills to WC2 when I start a new game…

Al ex
    Keymaster

Interesting question, I have never even thought about that in 30 years. 😉

Maybe this will help: https://www.gog.com/forum/wing_commander_series/how_to_transfer_wc_pilot_to_wc2

Al ex
    Keymaster

Come to think of it (and after trying it out just now), I do actually remember it pretty well. It’s all very straightforward, just enter the path to your WC1 savegame file, and you’re good to go. Works today just as it did back then. 🙂

mariowc2ace
    Participant

So on my phone, the path is:

/storage/emulated/0/DOS/WC/WING/GAMEDAT/SAVEGAME.WLD

How do I make that make sense to Wing Commander 2 when it asks me?

mariowc2ace
    Participant

I really do appreciate your time with me on this.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Depends on your mounting commands. Assuming you mounted /storage/emulated/0/DOS/ as Drive C:, you’d start from there (e.g. C:\WC\WING2\GAMEDAT)

mariowc2ace
    Participant

This worked.

I copied the WC1 save to a folder within the WC2DLX folder that I titled “WC”

I didn’t realize that I had tagged the WC2DLX as the C drive.

So for anyone else who is an idiot like me and can’t figure this out, here is what my “c:\” drive looks like for Wing Commander 2.

/storage/emulated/0/DOS/WC2DLX
    (DOS is a folder I made to put all the unzipped roms in)

The wing Commander 1 save was copied here
    /storage/emulated/0/DOS/WC2DLX/WC

So when wing Commander asked me to identify the save file, all I ended up having to type was:

c:\wc

Thank you Al ex for your help and patience. It’s just a little thing but I love learning about this stuff.

Al ex
    Keymaster

You’re welcome. 🙂
    And there are no “little things”, it’s just always easy once you’ve figured it out. 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.