Windows 95 freezes before getting to desktop, audio loops

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    isgordonfreeman50
    Participant

I followed the tutorials, but got stuck at the beggining of the second part.
    I transfered the files to my phone and updated the path to the drives using the new <games>/folder format, and it worked fine
    But when I launch win 95 it freezes on the display adapter warning, the sound loops and i cant move the cursor
    I saw that someone had the same issue in a comment in the tutorial like 5 years ago, he said he solve it, but didnt say how.

If someone can help me with this i would be very relieved

PD: Thanks for this amazing emulator, ive been able to play frontiers elite 2 with 0 problems! 5/5 hahahha

isgordonfreeman50
    Participant

Update:
    I did everithin again wit oter win 95 cd and continued fine, but a little bit further, when it detects an unknown hardware and starts installing it freeezed in the same way as before.
    I rebooted and now it wont start at all, not even for using safe mode

admin
    Keymaster

Hm, maybe is relies on win95 version. I use win95osr2.5. Which version do you use?

isgordonfreeman50
    Participant

In the first attempt I used win95A, in the second win95 osr2, im going to try again with win95osr2.5
    thanks!
    (if that does not work, im going to use win 98)

admin
    Keymaster

No, win98 support is worse. Stay with 95

Miker
    Participant

I also had this issue, I booted in safe mode, went into devices and removed all hardware that had the issues.. solved the problem.
    Mike

Miker
    Participant

Have an update on this…
    I went to find my Win95 install, and apparently it got lost…

So I tried re-installing with MDB with no success and I remembered…

I created an img HDD and installed with Lbochs, then copied the img and mounted on MDB.. then start with boot -L c, freezes, reboot, start in safe mode, then go to device manager and remove the faulty devices…

Mike

MDB Win96 osr2.5

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.