Ultima 7 (GOG)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ccox421
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to run the GOG version of Ultima 7 in Magic DosBox, and I am facing a crash a few seconds after the title screen. In practice, I can create the avatar, but not start playing, because the screen hangs and nothing happens. I tried to start from a save created on PC, the game starts properly, I can move the character, but when I enter a building or if I move too far, the game crashes, goes back to the MS-DOS prompt, saying that I should contact Origin… Any idea about what is happening?

I tried with another Android DosBox, and the game crashes in the same way.

I am using a Sony Xperia Z1, and other games like Betrayal at Krondor or Pool of Radiance work properly.

Many thanks in advance,
    Ccox

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good is that Ultima 7 works well in Magic Dosbox (tested with gog version). Now is question why wont work your version. One trouble may be that files became corrupted during transfer to android device. It happen often, because android’s MTP is crap. If you upload ultima 7 from pc then press “remove device” before disconnect. This is on windows. On ubuntu is similar function if you right click on mounted device.

it help?

Best regards,
    Tony

ccox421
    Participant

Hello,

You are probably right, there were a problem with the way I was transferring from my PC to the phone. I tried different ways without success, and at the end I downloaded the GOG installer directly in my phone, extracted it with “Inno Setup Extractor”, and it finally works.

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.