Touch position widget

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Oki, i see it. Enable svn core and try again.

Miker
    Participant

Never started using it without SVN activated…

So I went in and deactivated tge SVN core which totally messed it up, reactivated and same results as screenshot.

It needs to be mentioned target only messes up when done with DS, Targeting alone works fine.

admin
    Keymaster

Hm and about which problem we are talking? From screenshots i though the problem is that cursor is not in middle of screen after mouse reset. Because you wrote, “you can see the target and where it actually ends up.” If is not in middle after reset then it breaks absolute mouse.

Just now I notice that svn core correctly set cursor position, normal core does it a bit off. I must check why is there difference, maybe bug.

If the cursor is in middle after mouse reset and emulated program does not manipulate with cursor position then it should work.

Star commander seems works fine with enabled svn core, at least after in minutes of testing

Miker
    Participant

These two threads are getting mixed up, my fault i went over to see if there’s an image share cite mentioned and came back to post, there instead of here..

Target Trouble

Anyway with my original test, i just did DS>target, left click, I’ve always used SVN Core, and yes that target location was off.

As mentioned in the linked thread above, setting absolute mouse then target in DS, worked..

admin
    Keymaster

Aha okay. So what should i check? Sending cursor at same place twice does not work?

Miker
    Participant

It worked on existing DS setup, and on new setups it didn’t.

I’ll work on my side tomorrow to give more info, the piston kits for my generator came in today so was busy with that.

What worked on a quick test was DS absolute mouse, target left click.

Miker
    Participant

I’m still going with the widget like this would be nice since I decide to go and and redo all the controls for my game I started to use an absolute Mouse more and since I do that I’m losing control over layers and screens and keys and stuff like that.

An example would be I click on the main screen inventory and go into it. I set the mouse so you can pop around and make your selections but going into the inventory screen I vanish the main screen so it ain’t cluttering up everything and when I exit out of the inventory I can’t bring the main screen up unless I do a pixel trap and I’m trying to use a few of those as possible cuz I’m having random pop-up issues which I get… Add more pixels..

But if there could be some kind of sensor that shows that the mouse or touch is on the exit button I could act on that without having to put a widget there besides the touch widget that would say hey I’ve been touched.

Just a thought.

EDIT:

Actually the more I think about it, the more impossible it seems, you’d have to actually track the in game mouse movement and I dont see that working to well…

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.