Technical problem on Android 12

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fiffi
    Participant

Hello,

I have gotten a strange problem with my Magic Dosbox. I have not used it in a while, but I want to give Arena and Daggerfall a try. I’m really into the lore of these games. I just started another playthrough of Skyrim on my PC, with the Anniversary Edition, so that is what inspired me.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+, with a 12.4 inch screen. I have Android 12, One Ui version 4.1. Fully upgraded. It might have been Android 11 last time I used the app.
    My Galaxy S10e phone has the same software, but not the same problem.
    The problem is that when I try to end a game via the red Quit button, I get this:
    No Quit button
    The button to Power off is not available. The only way to end the game is to quit the entire app from the Android interface. That is quite annoying.

Anyone has an idea on how to fix this?

fiffi
    Participant

Hi again,

Just a little update on this. The problem seems to have taken care of itself. I got an update a few weeks ago, and now Magic Dosbox works as it should. So it seems it was a bug, either in Android, or in Samsung’s software.

I can also mention that the problem was more serious than the first post indicated. The entire interface for modifying profiles were ruined, too. If anyone has similar problems, maybe a system update is in order.

admin
    Keymaster

This is bug in android 12. It seems, it wasfixed in latest android updates. In upcoming version I added workaround, because many devices will not get this fix from manufacturer. This bug is in standard themes, in all standard themes…so, for android 12 I changed default application theme to something else and in android 13 it is set back. Google produces more shits in every android versions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.