Setup for GOG games without the image file

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I got some games from GOG that I would like to run on my Android device. The problem is that they don’t have the regular .gog image file and the only file that can be executed is the Windows shortcut (none of the exe or bat files can’t be used). I checked the shortcut properties and it’s pointing to the following path:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Prehistorik 2\DOSBOX\DOSBox.exe” -conf “..\dosboxPrehistorik2.conf” -conf “..\dosboxPrehistorik2_single.conf” -noconsole -c exit

Based on the information I found online, it looks like I need to use the Expert mode in the configuration, but I can’t figure it out.

Can you tell me what exactly I need to put in the [autoexec] section to run a game without a .gog image? FYI. the games that I’m trying to run are Prehistorik and Prehistorik 2

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Prehistorik and Prehistorik 2 dont need gog file, and don’t have it. Just copy folder with Prehistoric on you android device. On android create folder “Games” and put Prehistoric there. You must grant read/write permissions on “Games” folder. Then create new game profile set “Main program” to prehistoric.exe (or similar exe inside Prehistoric folder). You don’t need to use expert settings (uncheck it).

Thank you for the reply, but your steps would work with a regular ROM, and not with the GOG version. I just downloaded a ‘non-GOG’ ROM for the same game to compare them and the files and folders are completely different. It looks like GOG did some modifications, mainly removing the PRE.EXE file and replacing it with their shortcut and adding a bunch of other exe, com and bat files (TEXT.COM, TITUS.BAT, ZFLI.EXE, CCODE.COM, CDRUN.COM, CDZFLI.EXE, EMPTYKB.COM, KEY.COM). As I mentioned in my original post, none of these files are executable.

For now I will just use the ‘non-GOG’ ROM, but it would be good to know how to run a GOG game, that doesn’t have the main executable file of the .gog image.

admin
    Keymaster

The answer is in the file

dosboxPrehistorik2.conf

Or

dosboxPrehistorik2_single.conf

Paste it content here

admin
    Keymaster

The answer is in the file

dosboxPrehistorik2.conf

Or

dosboxPrehistorik2_single.conf

Paste it content here

Ah! Good to know!

Here’s what’s in dosboxPrehistorik2_single.conf

[ipx]
    # ipx: Enable ipx over UDP/IP emulation.

ipx=false

[autoexec]
    # Lines in this section will be run at startup.
    # You can put your MOUNT lines here.

@echo off
    mount C “..\data” -t cdrom
    c:
    cls
    TITUS.BAT
    exit

admin
    Keymaster

Seems game files are in upper folder called Data

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.