Serial modem support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Trencher
    Participant

Hi there!

I have set up a door BBS server for myself and a few friends, and came to find there is not any good ANSI terminals to play from android.

I set up Telemate in dosbox for windows, and have been trying running it in the various android ports. The only version so far that honors the serial modem setting is adosbox.

I wanted to see if it was feasible to have this feature implemented on magic dosbox. I see that the configuration generated by the app doesn’t include the serial section, nor does adding it help.

Thank you in advance for your time.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good new is that I already have version with IPX support. Bad is that I didn’t have time to test it yet. This should include serial modem too.

In next 2 weeks will go out the version 33. I took a bit more time on this version, because I rewrote plenty internals and main menu.

After that we can look at the modem and ipx. Can I contact you after the version 33 will be released? I’ll need help with correct setup for testing.

Tony

Trencher
    Participant

That would be great!

I have a pretty good range of devices, and I’ll do what I can to help.

admin
    Keymaster

Fantastic! Thanks a lot. Just now I test as many devices as I can, because I made interface more responsive to various screen sizes and dpi. Pretty hard, but it works finally (seems :-D).

ProphetZarquon
    Participant

Trencher,

Have you tried Juice SSH as a Telnet client for Android? The basic package is free & works quite well for me so far. (Very good ANSI display & it lets you use whatever keyboard you prefer.)

So far, I use it exclusively for playing BBS Door games via a Telnet connection.

(Usually using port 23; Incidentally, why does IPX networking fail for ports below 1024?)

Personally, I would like to run a BBS via Telnet from my phone. I find plenty of “Telnet” server apps, but none that will let me run legacy code for Door games & such features. I am hoping to install Win95/98 & run a BBS or possibly just TWGS, inside Magic DosBox.

Any suggestions?

admin
    Keymaster

Hello, I didn’t dig deeper, but I found this :

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Connectivity

” In Linux specifically, only root (or superuser) can use port numbers lower than 1024.”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.