Searching for a msdos622.img

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Pretty much somes it up. I have windows 95 working and running but need a working msdos image to format and make it bootable (my image runs under the command boot w95.img, i need it to run with the command boot -lc) Thank you in advance any help is appreciated.

Im rereading this post going , doh !. I failed to mention that im booting from the a drive , as a floppy . I need it to boot as hdd and i beleive unless im mistaken that the means to do this is with msdos format command (format -s)

Al ex
    Keymaster

You should be able to boot directly from the Win95 installation on your c: image. At least that’s what I’m doing.

i need to format the img so it will boot i dont beleive i can format from the img im trying to format , though i could be wrong . Would i just boot into msdos from windows ? Create a primary dos partition…..that seems like its wrong i dont know why i feel that way lol but i have backup of img so why not

Omg again, doh! I need to format the image so it will boot as a hdd(using the cmd boot -l(x)) i can boot it as a floppy (boot imgname.img)but i dont acces to ther other physical drives from a (cant install anything to a) k might start pver i reread the dosbox wiki on the subject i feel most of it is applicable,maybe i did spmthing wrong in the img creation (admitably i skimmed the video)

Of course it had to be user error ….so evidently i forgot what i know about dos because i failed at step 1 lol. I didnt have the folder the image was in mounted as a seperate directory no it cant boot c if c is being used already. My bad thanks for your help . Works just like i wanted it too. Hey since you clearly have more win 9x experience i wonder if i might ask you somthing: Have you tried running the games installed on the drive with windows ? Is it faster ? Im gonna go with proabably not maybe slower the system runs faster as light as possible but i dont know if thats correct ? Seems right oh and should i be trying for voodoo emulation (the guide i followed was …i figured the opted togo with the dosbox install method)which reminds me is it possible to add the imgmake command to your build because if so that eliminates the need of a pc in the process of making a windows img. i used my pc of course and would opt to even if unneccessary , most likely way faster but idk your build runs exceptionally well on my devices (quad core nexus 7 and note 4 both have same hardware =snapdragon 805 soc with adreno 430 both are android 7.1.2 seems the difference is size and preloaded software lol makes software compatibility a non issue hehe)

Larrynho
    Participant

Im not sure but since everything is virtual, Im gonna say that games installed on windows hd wont go slower…

I wont install em on windows images mostly because I want to have the images as clean as possible, and because windows images get corrupted easily on dosbox ( keep always upto date backups of the images… getting into a bootlop is QUITE easy ).

My way is to create an IMG for the SO, and IMG with the game installed and the ISO inside if needed for drm check ( SO img on internal memory and game IMGs on SD card ), and to have dosbox on expert settings with the autoexec pointing to a .bat where I mount the internal memory/sd and windows drives and to another bat where I mount the game img and boot windows.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.