PORT COM communication Android 12 PL2303

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    GTX
    Participant

Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you everyone for this application that works very well, and is really intuitive. So, i have a question/issue:

Context: I am working with an old Haltech F9 ECU, and communication with it is made by COM Port RS232. It works very well with DOSBox on Windows, using a PL2303 cable, but I am trying to make a movable setup, using my Redmi Note 10 Pro (Android 12.5.4 root).

Thus, I configured Magic DosBox with F9.exe (software works perfectly), but I am not able to communicate with the ECU. in the configuration file, i tried:

[serial]
    serial1=directserial realport:COM1

But as I understood, it is clearly for windows device, where it is more like /dev/ttyUSB0 or something like on android devices… I am not a dev, so here are my questions:

– is it possible to communicate with COM Port with Magic DosBox?
    – If yes, what are the configurations required and/or manipulations?

Another thing, with my PL2303 are supplied drivers for Windows, Mac and a.. development kit? For android, I guess i need to do something with but I am not sure, as i need to install drivers on windows… I can give you the dev kit if you want: https://www.prolific.com.tw/UserFiles/files/PL2303G_Android_v1003_20210118.zip

Thanks for all and for the *i hope* replies, keep pushing ! JF

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.