Physical mouse questions…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KGMattson
    Participant

Hi!

I prefer to use magic dosbox often with only a ”physical real mouse” and I wonder if you guys can help me out with two things that is related to physcial mouse.

First question..

My mouse has 2 extra buttons on it. I can bind one of them (button_3) just fine, but it seems that I cant bind my ”button_4”. Magic Dosbox is actually recognizing the Button_4 and I can bind it to a key, but when i press the mouse4 button it functions like the ”android back key”.. So when I press the button_4 on the mouse my android tablet jumps back to my home screen..Is there anyway to bypass/disable this ”back-function from within dosbox, or is this a android problem?

Second question…

Is there anyway to make a ”virtual button/key” somewhere on the screen that is ”clickable” with a pysical real mouse? I know how to add virtual ”Touchable” keys but I would like to have a binded virtual key that I can actually press with my real mouse. Can this be done?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

>First question..
    Seems, it is executed “home” key, no “back” key. Back key is processed like a right mouse button (because many manufacturers created mice which sends back button if you press right mouse button). If you jump to home screen then probably is send “home” key.

Well, this is a bit complicated, but maybe can be solved. There is problem, similar to back button, many manufacturers send home button for a “middle button”. Do you press middle button on the mouse? Can you send me email? I like to get more information.

Regarding second question – just now it is not possible, it was implemented in the past, but at one point was support for samsung s-pen and physical mouse rewritten from the scratch and this feature was dropped. The old code is completely incompatible with that how it works now. But maybe I can check it and if it will be not hard then I can add it again.

KGMattson
    Participant

Ah, you are correct..Its the ”home” button, not ”back”. Yes, I can e-mail you! Whats your email adress?

Well, I cant bind my middle mouse button. Its not detected in magic dosbox when I try to bind it in the ”voodo control- mapper”. Strange however.. the middle mouse do work in games that uses it.. for example when I play ”Tex Murphy – Under a killing Moon” the mouse3(middle) button is used to switch between walking and investigate-mode, and it works great.

Regarding my second question..I would appreciate it very much if thats something that can be fixed. I believe this function (to have clickable buttons) would be a great improvmement. Its very nice to have this option when you just want to chill and play with only one hand(mouse), relaxing on the sofa and have the tablet plugged into the TV! 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

magicbox@imejl.sk

There is some filter on devices which buttons are recognized by voodoo mapper. I think mouse is excluded. These special keys like back and home are messed across android versions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.