Performance tweaks?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ManfredVonRicthofen
    Participant

Hi guys, ever since Samsung forced me into updating to Android Pie, I have seen decreased performance. Is there any tweaks and tips you guys can give with regards to the settings of dosbox to maximize the game performance?

It just irritates me that it was running buttery smooth on Android Oreo and this forced pie update made it worse. I didn’t even want it, I see no improvements in anything.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Is there way check what eats the cpu? Maybe there are some new applications installed by the update.

ManfredVonRicthofen
    Participant

I think it’s the OS overall using more resources.. Android pie is made for current Gen phones while by default s8+ came with Oreo, for previous generations.

Memory is set at 64 mb, cpu is dynamic, performance is automatic. XMS, EMS, UMB are all checked. Are there anything else I can check or uncheck, or raise or lower to improve performance?

Al ex
    Keymaster

You can use Game Tools / Game Tuner (if still available in Pie), or at least Game Launcher, add Magic Dosbox to the games list, and set it to max performance. That should force the OS to keep it running on the main cpu cores, and reduce throttling.
    Game Tuner is the best tool Samsung have ever made, but for some reason, it’s not available on more recent phones. ?‍♂️

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.