One more gamepad binding?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    phunkmunkie
    Participant

I’m sure you always have a ton of suggestions coming your way, so I really appreciate you taking the time to see if this is something you might be interested in adding :).

For a lot of games, there’s a combination of keyboard and mouse that doesn’t translate too well to the gamepad (like eye of the beholder, ravenloft, etc.). You already have an overlay that can be created to move the mouse cursor to a position and click…if you could just add this to keybindings, we could turn a lot of our favorite games that use both the keyboard and mouse into using the gamepad for most things.

I used to have a Snail gaming phone that allowed me to use the controls both for ingame binding and for the built-in screen interactions (point and click except for the analogs) with a previous emulator that I’ve long since moved away from. It really made for an amazing portable experience with a lot of games.

Thanks! 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

Hello,

yeah, there is a lot of things in the list what I want implement, but I am very happy for every suggestion. I can’t promise it will be immediately implemented, but if it makes sense then I will work on that.

So if I understand well you need functionality what allows you to bind “Target” and “Deadly strike” widgets to physical gamepad, right?

Best regards,
    Tony

phunkmunkie
    Participant

Hi Tony, thanks for getting back to me! Those would be perfect, that way people can even completely defer games like Daggerfall and the Ultima: Underworld series to the gamepad.

Anyways, you really have done wonderful work with this emulator and I’m incredibly grateful for your tireless effort in keeping it updated and fresh.

Thanks and best of luck! I hope when you tackle this it isn’t too much of a pain 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. I don’t see any bigger troubles with this implementation, so I will try add that to next version (but can’t promise it at 100%). But remember, initial setup must be done on touchscreen. Currently you can’t setup widgets only with gamepad. This is still sound of future.

Best regards,
    Tony

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.