NE2000 Support?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kadrim
    Participant

Hi there,

is it possible to add support for a NE2000 Network-Adapter like many other dosbox versions have?

Would be great!

Best regards
    Kadrim

Al ex
    Keymaster

Hi,
    no idea if that’s in the official sources, or experimental ykhwong-style stuff. But have you tried to add the NE2000 config lines to expert settings, and see if it works?

Kadrim
    Participant

good idea, will try that in the evening – but i don’t think that NE2000 support is in the official builds. Also i think it requires libpcap which i don’t know if it’s included in this android app.
    I will check this out and report back!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

no ne2000 patch is not included, if I remember well libcap required root access, so I skipped it.

Kadrim
    Participant

ah ok, so if the patch is not included, my testing effors would be futile 😉

are you sure about that root requirement for libpcap? i was pretty sure it could be done without root but using the NDK?

admin
    Keymaster

No, it is long time, 4 years i think, it needs again investigation. Ndk is tool for building c++ for android platform, i use it.

Do you have special program which needs emulated network card? Until now ipx and modem were enough for playing games.

Facko
    Participant

Do you have special program which needs emulated network card?

Win95/98 🙂

Kadrim
    Participant

yeah, something like that would be great – i dunno if it is possible (without rooting and with moderate effort) to implement this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.