Joystick sensitivity?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ManfredVonRicthofen
    Participant

Hi guys! It’s been a while… I have plenty of time these days so decided to do something ambitious and get a flight Sim (Jane’s Advanced Tactical Fighters) working with my dualshock 4. It’s tricky getting an entire keyboard’s worth of commands into a DS4 controller, but I’ve managed well with TIE Fighter so figured why not? ?

Is there a way I can make the sensitivity of the 2 axis joystick lower? Can I decrease it somehow? I’d like to make the left/right movement less sensitive. Thx!

Al ex
    Keymaster

Not that I’m aware of, sorry. AFAIK, that’s not possible in any Dosbox port, even on PC. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Al ex
    Keymaster

I’m surely stating the obvious, but isn’t there some kind of config option in the game? ?

admin
    Keymaster

You should look for sensitivity in game’s config. Just now there is no other way. …well there is workaround..but only for virtual joystick set to 2axis. You can increase inner rectangle for joystick’s circle. With bigger circle you can get slower movement.

ManfredVonRicthofen
    Participant

Lol this game is old and does not have an option for sensitivity… However, I found something cool that fixed all my problems.

So I have Samsung dex, it allows me to hook my phone up to a TV or a screen with multiple USB ports… Well I tried it out with dosbox, and for kicks and giggles I ditched the stupid dualshock 4 and hooked up my CH Combatstick via USB… And OMG it works!! I can’t believe a full blown joystick meant for PC can be used on a phone to play a game on Magic dosbox!! How crazy is that?! Never in a million years did I think I’d be able to play a flight Sim using a joystick on a cell phone!

Next thing I am going to try is to hook up my pedals and throttle along with the joystick to see if it can work… If it does, this is gonna be some crazy stuff playing a flight sim! ????????

This brings back some childhood memories! Magic dosbox is awesome, thanks for the quick responses whenever I post on here… you guys did a great job with this app, it’s worth every penny!

Al ex
    Keymaster

Lol, if you can get this up and running, please tell us about it. That’d be absolutely insane! ??

ManfredVonRicthofen
    Participant

Lol I’ll post pics or a video if I get it working successfully!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.