How to mount multiple .img in windows 95?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tommygreen
    Participant

Hi!

I successfully installed Windows 95 on a 512mb .img drive and everything is working fine in magic dosbox. Now I made another two 2GB .img drives and tried to mount them at the same time as drives d and e. Dosbox tells me they both are successfully mounted when I start the vm, but only drive D will be shown in dos and windows. Both .img drives work fine when I mount only one of them, but I can´t get them to be mounted at the same time. What could I be doing wrong?

Thank you for your help!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

No, sadly this is not supported. The only thing what you can is to install win95 on 2gb hdd as drive C + 2gb as drive D, if you want more space.

tommygreen
    Participant

Thank you for your response, good to know that the problem is not on my side. Now I use multiple disk images for different games linked to one single Windows disk via the profiles, working great.

But I’ve got another problem^^ I copied the two Mt32 MIDI files to the MidiRom folder, MIDI music is playing fine under dos games. But in Windows games the MIDI music is just giving out random heavy distorted digital cracking noises. I installed the Creative sound driver from the mdosbox driver package, general sound is working fine. Is there a fix for the MIDI music?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

this works for me

[midi]
    mpu401=none
    mididevice=synth
    midiconfig=”/storage/9C33-6BBD/Android/data/bruenor.magicbox/files/win/SoundFonts/GeneralUserGSFluidSynthV1-44.sf2″

I tested it on game Gooka. Without it i get strange sounds. With this is midi working. I think it should work with mt32 roms as well, but who knows, i didnt try

tommygreen
    Participant

Nope, I´ve downloaded this SoundFont, created the folders inside the data folder and edited the game config to my file system, but it didn´t work, still strange sounds. I guess this will be a longer ride to get this working. But thank you!

BTW, I used the free version of mdosbox for a long while and it did everything I needed. Still bought the paid version and this is one of the few apps where I would have paid twice for what you did there. Great job!

admin
    Keymaster

Thanks goes to many others, not only me, but I really appreciate it. Maybe you can check mpu401 driver installed in win95, under device management. And path to midi should be in “”

tommygreen
    Participant

I’ve checked it in Windows, but there is no explicit midi device. In the device manager there is only the SB16 driver and the gameport driver and in the multimedia settings under MIDI there is listed the Creative Synthesizer for Midi. The path in the config is written in “”, checked everything multiple times but I don’t know what else I could do.

admin
    Keymaster

Hm, under “Sound, video and game controllers” in device manager should be mpu-401 compatible device.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.