How do you install disks into windows 95?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Sepritt
    Participant

How do you install Disk Drives into windows 95? I can’t seem to figure out how to do it!

Here what i put in:
    imgmount C: [directory of windows 95.img]
    mount D: [directory of folder containing games]

Drive D doesn’t show up in windows 95.

admin
    Keymaster

[autoexec]
    @Echo Off
    imgmount c /storage/emulated/0/Games/win95.img -t hdd -fs fat -size 512,63,64,1023
    imgmount d /storage/emulated/0/Games/dune2000.img -t hdd -fs fat -size 512,63,64,1023
    boot -l c

Al ex
    Keymaster

Depends on the size of your disk images.
    If you need some examples, I’ve already posted a bunch of empty hdd images with according parameters included in this thread: https://magicbox.imejl.sk/forums/topic/windows-95/page/2/#post-7967

Sepritt
    Participant

Both commands got an error saying
    “The image must be on a host or local drive”
    This happens a lot while mounting images

admin
    Keymaster

If there is space or special character in the path then surround path with ”

Here are images with correct sizes, these images work with both cores

https://sites.google.com/site/dotalshoff/games/dosbox

Sepritt
    Participant

No it doesn’t have any quotes

Sepritt
    Participant

Drive D finally cooperated and mounted the iso (this is for starcraft)
    But the windows 95 image file still isn’t cooperating.

Al ex
    Keymaster

You can post your mounting commands here, so we can check. And what size is your C drive image?

I also only just realized that you are trying to mount a local directory as drive D in Win95. That won’t work, because Win95 requires you to only use iso images. It’s really annoying and rather tricky, but it’s the only way to get Win95 up and running in Dosbox.

Sepritt
    Participant

mount C /storage/emulated/0/winemu/new
    imgmount A /storage/emulated/0/winemu/new/win95.img -t hdd -fs fat -size 512,63,64,520
    imgmount D /storage/emulated/0/winemu/new/Starc.iso -t iso -fs fat -size 512,63,64,1023

“winemu” is a folder i use to dump anything related to emulation and “new” is where starcraft (starc.iso) and the windows 95 disk image is

Sepritt
    Participant

I changed it up a bit but it still wouldn’t work
    I already used drive C as the local directly so that i can mount drive A (win95 disk) but i just won’t work

Sepritt
    Participant

Update: Windows 95 finally boot up but drive D still isn’t showing up

Al ex
    Keymaster

You have to mount both C and D drive iso images with the imgmount command. My autoexec section looks like this (Win95 on a 512 MB image, Diablo and MM6 on a 2 GB image, both on external sd card):

imgmount c /storage/0000-0000/Games/PC/Win95/c.img -t hdd -fs fat -size 512,63,32,520
    imgmount d /storage/0000-0000/Games/PC/Win95/2GB_MM6_Diablo.img -t hdd -fs fat -size 512,63,64,1023
    boot -l c

Sepritt
    Participant

That’s what i did at first, it worked but after putting the extra parameters (t, fs, size) it jut gave the the error “The image must be on a host or local drive”. And even if it actually booted drive D never actually shows up :/

Sepritt
    Participant

Wait how did you put files in an image file?

Al ex
    Keymaster

On PC, with UltraISO. It’s shareware, but has an unlimited trial period.

You then copy the iso onto the image file, and use something like Virtual Clone drive in Win95 to mount the iso as virtual cd rom.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.