How create shoot/aim button?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mentalbass
    Participant

Dear reader,

I’m using the great “Duke3d” Overlay mpc-file from Keymaster for controls in ROTT.

One thing i can’t create is a combined shoot aiming button on the right.
    Wich widget/option do i pick for this movement. I only want the button to move left/right during shooting.

Thank you.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

That button already does it. Press it and drag to sides.

Best regards

mentalbass
    Participant

I needed to change a few buttons because they didn’t line up ingame and not all functionalities were in ROTT as they are in Duke3D.

So if I want to create this specific movement button how do i do this?

Thanks for your input

Al ex
    Keymaster

Best look at the original layout. Most likely there are two overlapping widgets, the topmost configured as “Non blocking”, which means the lower underlying widget will be triggered as well. It’s possible that you swapped the position of the two widgets in the process of rearranging then, so the non blocking widget is below the other one now.

admin
    Keymaster

Just describe situation which you need to handle. Please write mouse/keyboard source, so we can helpbto place correct widget

mentalbass
    Participant

OK,

The workings are mostly unknown to me. But I kan create a simple pad for movement and a shootbutton in ROTT. Not as advanced as the Duke overlay….
    If I would want to make a aiming/shoot button, can you describe the steps for how to make one from scratch?

Or if you or Keymaster like, make a total mpc for ROTT 🙂

I’m playing the game in portret mode.

mentalbass
    Participant

ROTT layout

This is my layout

admin
    Keymaster

But…why you dont edit duke layout? This is exacly what you need, it already works. You only need increase mouse sensitivity. And you was navigated how to do it…btw on magic dosbox youtuba channel you can find tons useful video guides

mentalbass
    Participant

My god how could I have missed this:
    When tapping the screen it already fires one shot and there’s aiming!

Thanks for the help!

admin
    Keymaster

You are welcome 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.