Issue with Win95

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    viclock
    Participant

This is for the game, Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magicka Obscura. I downloaded two bin/cue files labeled as Arcanum disk 1 and disk 2 from the internet archive. This is the only place I can find the win95 compatible version of the game. I then converted them to iso files and injected them in a 2GB hdd img and all the usual routine. The problem is that when I have both disks in the hdd img and start the install from disk 1 I am told that there is not enough space left on the drive for installation of the game. I think it says I would need another 350mb or so to install. If I only inject disk 1 in the hdd, so I have more than enough space for installation, then it prompts me to insert disk 2 halfway through the installation in order to complete it. Any suggestions to make this work? The game requires both disks for installation but injecting both of them in a 2GB hdd doesnt leave enough space for the install

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

2gb is maximum size, but you can put win95 on another 2gb disc, togethet you will have 4. It should work

Btw, is it one game or two? If two, why dont you create second profile with another hdd mount

viclock
    Participant

Alright, I’ll try that. Thank you. It is one game
    https://archive.org/details/ArcanumOfSteamworksMagickObscuraUSA

viclock
    Participant

At the moment, when I try to imgmount the new hdd that i placed my win95 files in, I get this:
    F1 . . . Dos
    F5 . . . disk 2

Default: F1

viclock
    Participant

At the moment, when I try to imgmount the new 2GB hdd that i placed my win95 files in, I get this:
    F1 . . . Dos
    F5 . . . disk 2

Default: F1

Al ex
    Keymaster

This game is still protected by copyright, so I’m afraid we can’t give support for it here. It’s still available for purchase on Steam for example: https://store.steampowered.com/app/500810/Arcanum_Of_Steamworks_and_Magick_Obscura/

As a general rule for installing games in Win95, you mount the image containing Windows as drive C, the image with the game ISO file as drive D, then boot into Win95, mount the image file as cdrom drive with a Virtual Clone Drive or something similar, and run the install from there. If you’re running low on disk space, you can install Win95 to a 2GB image as well, and install the game to drive C, as there should be plenty enough space available there. It’s easiest to do all this on a PC, then transfer the C and D img files to your phone.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue with Win95’ is closed to new replies.