Heart of China

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Piotrmika1978
    Participant

Hello. Please help me with games Heart of China and Rise of dragon. I can’t configure mouse to play games – there is a problem with right button. Any solutions?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

You have two ways how you can control mouse on touchscreen. Based on quick review seems that Heart of China supports both way.

1. Relative mouse – this type is set by default, because every game supports it. Relative mouse emulates standard physical mouse. Use gestures (longpress, two point tap, double tap) for getting work right click or dragging. Or you can place “Mouse touch” widget on the screen and use this. Depends on you.

2. Absolute mouse – moves mouse cursor to place where you touched the screen. Use mouse touch widget or gestures for getting work right click.

For adventures and for “pixel hunting” I think is better relative mouse, but depends on you. You can quickly switch between relative and absolute mouse with “Mouse navigation” widget.

Best regards,
    Tony

Al ex
    Keymaster

If you want to configure your mouse options, press the “back” button on your device once mDosbox has started, to access the General settings. Then press “Gestures” and tick all the mouse tap gestures you’d like to use to control the right mouse button. You can chose either one or all of them: double tap, two point (2nd finger) tap, and long press. Confirm your choice, and everything should work fine.
    Remember to save your changes before you exit the game (hit “back” button once again, tap “Save”)!

admin
    Keymaster

I think, I must create additional video guide 😉

Piotrmika1978
    Participant

Does’t work. Could anyone test this paricular dynamix games?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Try this config.
    It’s a very basic layout, no expert settings. I only changed the most necessary values: cycles are set to 5000, at higher values (e.g. 10000), the Soundblaster card (set to sb2) isn’t detected anymore. I didn’t touch any other settings.

I’ve set both double tap and 2nd finger tap as right mouse button, and it’s all working fine for me. You can also swipe left/right for [Esc], and up/down to display/hide the keyboard.

I’ll upload this layout to the .mgc section of the forum, too.

admin
    Keymaster

I am on first screen at the bay with seagull.

You are right. Just tested, it works except longpress (But I am testing it with beta version). Two point and double tap works. Maybe game need specific timing, because I quickly tested warcraft 2 with longpress and works fine. I’ll look at this.

For now I recommend Mouse touch widget (in this case disable all gestures for faster reactions) :

Place “Mouse touch” widget on the screen. Holds first finger on mouse touch widget and tap with second finger on seagull. Now you should see :

“Ever the scavenger, the sea….”

Or use gestures except longpress.

Best regards,
    Tony

Piotrmika1978
    Participant

Longpress works fine on Absolute mouse:) but right button is still a problem.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Wait, are we talking about the same thing here? Are you using onscreen controls, or are you trying to use a real mouse with Magic Dosbox?
    Because the touch controls are working 100% on my device.

Piotrmika1978
    Participant

Sure onscreen controls, on my SG Note:)

admin
    Keymaster

I tried this game on my Sony SP. Gestures except long press send right button correctly. Mouse touch widget works correctly too. I am not sure why longpress has trouble with right button in this game. I must check it, but I am now in deep source code refactor. I can check it later.

Can you please write what way you picked for doing right click? Gestures or mouse touch widget.

Tony

admin
    Keymaster

Are you doing it with finger or spen?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Good question. With my S-Pen, it doesn’t work either. The damn menu keeps popping up whenever I use the S-Pen button. ?

admin
    Keymaster

It works with spen, but it requires training;) Don’t touch the screen, but do it “on the fly” 🙂 Alex, you have rooted device, can’t this be removed?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Not possible in Marshmallow anymore. The “Air Command” option is missing from the S-Pen settings. And I’ve found no XPosed module so far which would allow that. Thanks Samsung for screwing things up *again*…?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.