Getting Star Wars Dark Forces to run

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Aphex
    Participant

Hello,

Im getting a problem with trying to play Dark Forces. When I go to run the game I get the following error message:
    ERROR: Unable to find or read file ‘HelNum.fnt’. See manual about making a Boot Disk.

I’m using the Steam version of the game. I have tried mounting an ISO of the disk, and the drive.cd file is changed to C.

Any advice would be welcome 🙂

Aphex
    Participant

Ah, I’m dumb. Changed Drive.cd to D with Disk mounted. Now boots, however, sound is not working. I’ve tried running the Install.exe and set the sound, however it’s not saving the settings.

I’ve trived copying the files to my C:\ drive, running the Install.exe in dosbox, saving the settings then moving the files back over to my phone install, but that didn’t help.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you have iso then why dont you try full install from this file. Create new profile, add iso as cd under cdrom section. Scroll down to setup section and pick install.exe from cd. Then press button “setup” on left bottom side of game profile dialog. Then install it. Maybe it will be better this way.

Aphex
    Participant

I did try this, however the installer gives me an error stating that I do not have enough space on my drive. -1k space, then sends be back to the main installer menu.

admin
    Keymaster

Can you post screenshot from your global settings? How you set “games” directory? And post screenshot from game profile, how you set “drive c”. Or paste what is there.

Aphex
    Participant

Not to worry. I managed to fix the issue. Seems my Samsung s23 was being a pain. I had to wipe everything and start all over again. MAnaged to get the game running with sound. This has been a good learning experiance. Thanks for your assistance Admin 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

Allright:)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.