Game Cropped font at top of screen

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Seeing if someone could help me fix a cropping issue on Magic Dos Box on my new Retroid pocket 3+(android handheld emulator)..I’m missing the top and bottom of games (and some left and right) Its getting cut off..its on ultima 7, It’s also on dos box, and on magic dos box, which tells me it’s maybe zoomed in on the android side and not a retroarch scaling issue ( I can’t figure out how to make the missing image data come into frame.. I can’t seem to find a zoomed in/out feature in the android settings yet either. Any ideas or help be appreciated! Is there anyway to show more of the screen so the dialogue doesn’t get clipped? (I tried the expert changes with resolution but then I lose the path and it doesn’t launch, working on learning that part)

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Other applications have same issue? You mention retroarch.

It happens in main menu too?

Participant

Hello, thanks for the response. So it only happened on some retroarch sega master system games where the font at the top was clipped off a little. That was fixed by adjusting this overscan crop feature in that core through retroarch.. the only other instances are dos box pure thru retro arch, playing ultima 7. (No overscan options there)and magic dos box running ultima 7. Not sure if that’s how my screen resolution just displays it? Because researching tells me you cant adjust resolution for dos box or magic dos box. Or not in the way that I’m imagining in that it’s set too low so some of the image is getting clipped?

The font is right against the top of the screen, as compared to dos box examples I’ve found on youtube where the same game has a space above the font.. but I’m learning maybe that’s because the programs are matching the resolution of that person’s screen? Ultimately I was hoping magic dos box like exult, or so I’ve learned could zoom out in a way to show more real estate of the image and not be as zoomed in.. I think the way exult does it is by changing field of view? Because it’s a new engine in a way running it..So I don’t know if something like that is possible with magic dos .. I played with the expert settings and was able to set the path so it would run but putting the higher resolution or even using screen adjust while playing doesn’t allow more of the inherent image to be displayed.. i.e space above the font at the top.. any ideas are welcome!

admin
    Keymaster

Best would be to provide screenshot. If we talk about game screen then you can try screen adjust option (general settings window -> screen adjust). If this happens in menus then probably I cannot help and seems to be problem in your system. Maybe in your system ia some kind of option which can be tuned.

Participant

How do you attach screenshots on this site? I can’t seem to find the option.. or do you have to just use imgur link etc

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, imgur can work

Participant

Here is the full range of view from watching someone play the dos version on youtube, note the space on the roof above the font and the extra portion of the home at the bottom:

View post on imgur.com

Here is a shot of my screen, font is right against top of screen and home at the bottom shows less:

View post on imgur.com

(this pic is from magic dosbox)

If I pull down the top of screen using retroarch dos box, it makes a border appear but I want to see more of the actual game screen itself like in pic 1.. unless it’s maybe a different version of the game possibly.. or simply how it has to display in widescreen? Making it lose some of the top and bottom?

admin
    Keymaster

This is weird. Did you look for some option on your device?

Magic dosbox has own option for adjusting screen. Press back button, general settings will appear, then press adjust screen.

Participant

Yes I’ve tried many different methods. The screen adjust just squashes it or moves left to right..doesnt reveal more image..and no settings in android I can see. In a slight plot twist when I searched ultima 7 on android on youtube, their games on Android tablets etc also seemed similar to mine. In the amount of image shown. So I guess the game simply displays that way on that type of screen/resolution? Unless someone thinks of another way to zoom out to see more of the game itself then I’ll just play it as is and enjoy it 🙂 thanks for your time

admin
    Keymaster

You can try the second option in adjust screen -> hide bar. It does the same?

This is on lite version?

The resolution of device has nothing to do with resolution of the game.

Maybe you can try
    aspect=true

https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Dosbox.conf

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.