Fill Screen Stretch

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    techiemoore
    Participant

Hi there!
    I’m using Magic Dosbox just so i can use the EDIT program (believe it or not).
    See, i have this whole retro theme going on with my phone and regular note taking apps ruin the mood.

However, in portrait mode, i cannot get Magic DosBox to display in the correct resolution. I can get it to fill the screen, but then it looks all stretched out.

Any help?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

If i remember well, I implemented separate screen location and size for both orientations, i think…to be sure I must check sources its few years.

I think i need to see pictures what is wrong and or it should look…

techiemoore
    Participant

Here’s what it looks like:
    What it looks like

Here’s what it should look like:
    What it should look like

admin
    Keymaster

Manual adjustment does difference?

techiemoore
    Participant

No, it produces the same stretching effect

admin
    Keymaster

The program is in some text mode resolution. What mdosbox does is that scales width/height of original resolution to fit the screen and preserves aspect ration. This is the default “fit to screen”. What you ask for is the feature to change rows count for current text mode so editor fills the height of your device, or maybe completely change text mode to mode with more rows. This is not possible, at least it is not implemented. The “fill” simply stretches text mode to width and height of your device.

Probably best what you can do is use “fit to screen” and move texture (with longpress) to middle of your device screen and tune a bit width height to the point when it stops looking good.

Or stay by the “fill”.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.