Age of Empires issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Zeljko
    Participant

Hi all. New here, been using Magic Dosbox for awhile. I’m having a problem with Age of Empires 1 in Win95. Game runs fine, but there are some stuuter ingame, cursor surrounded with black square, and weird sound issue, is there any fix to it? Maybe I need to use some midi rom? Using max cycles, dynamic cpu. I can run Seven Kingdoms ancient Adversaries just fine. I have Honor 10 Lite ih that helps. Can someone help me fix it? Please, thanks in advance.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Hi, and welcome! ?

I dimly remember the mouse cursor issue. Do you have SVN core in your AoE profile enabled?

I’ll reinstall the game and see how it looks on my phone.

Zeljko
    Participant

Hi! Thanks for the quick reply! I do not have SVN core enabled. I am using one profile, it is Win95, the profile is from your youtube video about installing Fallot 2,and Win95.
    What about stutters? Is that the music, midi problem? Or my phone? Also, HoMM3 runs really choppy.

Al ex
    Keymaster

You can try the AoE profile I’ve posted in the .mgc section here on the forum.

Ingame stutters can happen if your cpu is too weak, of course. But it’s also very likely just an issue with the game itself and/or Win95. It’s all very experimental, after all.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Ah, no. I tried it, and also looked at the screenshots I posted along with the layout. Seems like the black mouse cursor box was an issue back then already. I guess it was so minor that I didn’t bother with finding a fix. ?

Zeljko
    Participant

Okay. Thanks for the help. One more thing, I tried using Win98 version 2 from xda, one with Daemon Tool 3.47, I wanted to install Romance of the Three Kingdoms 4, but when it’s done with installing, it just freezes the emulation. Or when I try to run the game with a mounted bin file, it also freezes.
    And the Virtual Clone I use in other profile, one that I followed your Win95 instalation, it doesnt register the mounted bin file.
    Sorry for bothering you.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Hard to tell. Win98 is buggy af in Dosbox anyway. First step should always be to test it in Dosbox on a Windows/Linux PC.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.