Eye of the Beholder Redesigned Project Thread

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Hengki Kusuma Adi
    Participant

Getting started with my MGC completely redesigned project covering Eye of the Beholder Trilogy of games to make it more easier to play on Android devices. Note that some of MGC files currently work on may still work-in-progress or some customized widgets maybe broken. Also, MGC files are game-specific, if you use EOB1 MGC on its sequels, it might be totally broken on some parts.

Gallery of Screenshots

Eye of the Beholder

Portrait (v1.0)
    Landscape (v1.0)

ーChangelogsー
    0.90: Halfway done, only Portrait Mode.
    1.0: Initial release along with Landscape mode

Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon

ーChangelogsー
    Work in progress

Eye of the Beholder III: Assault on Myth Drannor

ーChangelogsー
    Work in progress

Al ex
    Keymaster

Portrait mode? That’s great! ?
    I’ve been working on something similar for a while, but I somehow made things too complicated, and in the end, it didn’t work at all. ?

admin
    Keymaster

Wow! Downloading…

Al ex
    Keymaster

I gave it a spin, and I must say, this is an incredibly well made layout. It’s working perfectly on my device, absolutely hassle-free. A major improvemt over the original PC controls, and very well playable with one hand. That’s what an Android port of the gane should look like. ??

Al ex
    Keymaster

Lol, I do recognize some of the icons, as well as the startup widget. ?
    A shame that the game only allows for mouse or keyboard input. Having the “manipulate” function available in mouse mode, to easily open doors, press buttons, etc. with a dedicated widget, would be nice.

But I think your layout is as good as it can possibly get. Swapping between gameplay and character management does also work flawlessly. Was always kinda broken in my layout, until I gave up on it. ?

sambojin
    Participant

I’ll have to check this out. Thought of making one, but am nowhere near as proficient at this sort of stuff as you. But, I know I’m going to learn heaps, as well as be able to play EotB1/2 on my phone this weekend. In easy-to-play portrait mode.

Thanks for the hard work! 🙂

Al ex
    Keymaster

Don’t bother. The version I shared here on the forum is the last iteration, I stopped working on it after that. I tried to put in too much stuff, like switching between different types of screens/telescope widgets, and it never really worked.
    Tried something similar with Ultima Underworld, too though. Maybe I should revisit what I created there, UW would make a great portrait mode mobile game, too. ?

berndout
    Participant

Thats very nice. How to do it? Cut and move the parts if the screen/hud?

berndout
    Participant

Found it. Telescope…

Hengki Kusuma Adi
    Participant

Bumping this for an update with inclusion of Landscape mode as seen in my Youtube video (very old). The screenshots are moved since it would take too much posting spaces on it. You can download it in very first post. Of course, i already bought these games during at giveaway while ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.