Dukes caribbean runtime error

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    The Game Foxx
    Participant

Ok i am reporting back. Apparently running dukes carribean creates new files that magicdosbox isnt doing in the process. but running the latest svn of regular dosbox on pc does create those files. i found this by digging through the vogon forum. i simply experimented on regular pc dosbox, got the files, and copied them over. i have no idea what difference that makes, but it worked! another duke expansion successfully installed on magicdoxbox! and legally too, no downloading of roms. idk why but i find that especially satesfying, when you take a game you legally bought for pc, and get it running on hardware that didnt even exist at its time of creation.

admin
    Keymaster

This is weird, magic dosbox svn is based on revision 4019, it should create these files. Do you store duke executables on sdcard or on main storage?

The Game Foxx
    Participant

I stored them on the sd card, and the pc version i was using was 4063. Do either of those factors make a difference? I thought i set magicbox to have sd card permissions…

admin
    Keymaster

hmm with sdcard permission it should work…can you please try the same from main storage? Maybe there is a bug in sdcard support

The Game Foxx
    Participant

Ok i attempted a fresh install from main storage, and i get runtime error 003 at 0000:0C88. So it doesnt seem like sd storage is the problem? Idk im certainly no programmer but i am happy to help bugtest!

admin
    Keymaster

Thank you very much 🙂

Hmm, that’s weird, if it does the same, then only one thing comes on my mind. Your PC is linux or windows? There are differences between linux dosbox and windows dosbox. Android uses linux branch.

The Game Foxx
    Participant

My PC is Windows 10, ive never used linux before

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.