Decreasing Screen Resolution

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Erickyx-DoomN13
    Participant

I was wondering if there is a way to reduce the MagicDosBox pixel resolution, For Example, My cell phone has the pixel resolution as 1480×720, but when I open Duke nukem 3d, the game starts to run slow, Then I wanted to reduce MagicDosBox’s Pixel Resolution to 640×480, which is the same minimum resolution that Duke Nukem 3d requires, and see if the Game starts running faster.

Erickyx-DoomN13
    Participant

So tell me if there is any MagicDosBox Command that does this.

admin
    Keymaster

Device resolution has nothing to do with duke’s resolution. Probably your device has weak cpu.

Erickyx-DoomN13
    Participant

But when I run Duke Nukem 3d on Zeta Touch (Raze for Android), the game gets a high amount of FPS.
    I’m going to record a video here to sample.

Erickyx-DoomN13
    Participant

Here is the Video.

Erickyx-DoomN13
    Participant
    Erickyx-DoomN13
    Participant

So, if you have any MagicDosBox configuration that greatly improves the performance of Duke Nukem 3D, I ask you to pass it on to me.

admin
    Keymaster

Can you please post link to configuration of your phone? Native duke port and running duke in emulation are different things. Native port was rewritten and recompiled for modern phones. Emulation depends on strength of your cpu. But thats weird, dos emulation is without issues long time on modern devices.

The game has configuration tool – SETUP.EXE. Try change resolution there. Try set sound blaster 2.0 in game profile and in SETUP.EXE. This should improve performance.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.